Kothimbir Vadi Recipe is one of the Maharastrains recipes made with the blend of coriander leaves, flour and traditional spices. It can be prepared regularly by steaming in the cooker and frying them but I made it simple by preparing in a microwave oven.
Coriander Leaf Vada comes into the section of street food, usually, people eat this snack recipe along with tea.
Coriander leaves – 2 cups (minced)
Rice flour – 1 cup
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp.
Ginger paste – 1 tsp.
Garlic paste – 1 tsp.
Jaggery – 2 tsp.
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp.
Red chilly powder – 1 tsp.
Tamarind juice – 1 tsp.
Sesame seeds – 2 tsp.
Curry leaves – 8-10 leaves
Oil – 3 tsp.
Baking salt – ½ tsp.
Salt – as per taste
Water – required.
How to Make Kothimbir Vadi Recipe:
- Take a bowl and add coriander leaves, rice flour, salt, turmeric powder, chilly powder, ginger and garlic paste, jaggery, tamarind juice, baking salt, sesame seeds and water.
Tip: You can substitute rice flour with chick pea flour.
- Make soft and thick batter.
- Take microwave safe bowl with 6 inches width and 2-inch hollow bowl.
- Grease the bowl and sprinkle sesame seeds and pour batter into it.
- Put microwave to high and cook for 10 minutes with lid closed.
- In other bowl add oil, mustard seeds and curry leaves, microwave without lid for 2 minutes on high.
Another variation of Kothimbir Vadi Recipe:
People who like to have crispy style, one can microwave the batter for 4-5 minutes and once it’s cooked, you can slice them to your required shape and deep fry or roast on a nonstick pan with little oil to golden brown color.
Note: Steamed gives you different taste and crispy gives a mild change in taste. If you are not aware of its taste you can try both variations of Kothimbir Vadi recipe