Ladies Finger Curry, How to Make Ladies Finger Curry, Bhindi Curry Recipe
Ladies finger curry is one of the healthy recipes. As per nutritional benefits, ladies finger is said to improve our neurological disorders, so when I was a child, I was told to eat more Bhindi Curry Recipe to improve my mathematics skills.
In South India, bendakaya is commonly used even in making sambar recipe as this vegetable is low in calories and high in nutritional values.
Usually while purchasing bhindi we need to select tender one or else we feel like chewing fiber content. For this we break the tip of veggie, if it breaks then it is tender, else you will notice it will swing but not break which means it not tender.
In some article, I have read that while slicing bhindi, if you notice its sticky then it is said to be fresh and good to eat. Usually, it takes very less time to cook so while cooking, we need to take care that this veggie is cooked to soft or else it may splatter.
Based on taste buds you may add or lower spices mentioned in this recipe. If you are planning to have Ladies Finger Curry with chapati then you can make it dry or else you can maintain semi dry version with rice and other foods.
Ingredients for Ladies Finger Curry:
Lady finger – 1/4 kg
Onions – 2
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp.
Garam masala – 1 tsp.
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp.
Turmeric powder – 1 pinch
Salt – 1 tsp.
Oil – 4 tsp.
Coriander leaves – 2 tsp.
- Wash lady finger and cut into one-inch pieces
- Mince onions into small pieces.
- Heat pan and put oil, add onions and fry for a while.
- Add lady finger pieces and add salt. Let it cook for 2 minutes.
- When pieces are half cooked add ginger garlic paste.
- After few minutes add turmeric powder, garam masala, red chilli powder and 1 1/2 cup water.
- Stir until all the ingredients are mixed well.
- Cook the ingredients until you obtain thick gravy.
- Lady finger curry is ready. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.