Lasooni Dal Tadka Microwave, Moong Dal Lasooni, Lasuni Dal Tadka
I used Moong Dal to prepare this recipe, but you can also substitute with red gram or Bengal gram to this recipe. Sometimes we can mix dals and make the new variant, they give you an additional flavour.
Usually adding garlic while tempering adds flavor to this recipe but if you don’t want to eat then you can skip this ingredient. I have read some articles where they have used tomatoes to get tangling flavor, but I substituted with lemon juice.
My mom prepares Lasuni Dal tadka for my lunch with plain rice for every 15 days. I use same for my dinner when I have it with chapati. As I mentioned my interest this recipe goes well with even jeera rice or vegetable biryani.
Moong dal – 1 cup
Garlic – 5 pieces
Turmeric powder – ¼ tbsp.
Oil – 2 tbsp.
Jeera – 1 tbsp.
Red chilly powder – ½ tbsp.
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp.
Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp.
Water – 2 ½ cups
Asafoetida – A pinch
Salt – As per taste
How to Make Lasooni Dal Tadka Microwave:
- Clean dal in water so that if there are any foreign substances they get cleaned.
- Soak Moong dal for half an hour.
- Take microwave safe bowl and add dal and 2 cups of water.
- Adjust temperature to high and cook for 10 minutes by covering the bowl with a lid.
Tip: Sometimes dal takes the time to cook, usually it gets cooked in 10 minutes but if it’s not cooked then cook further for 2-3 minutes.
- In another micro safe bowl, add oil, garlic, asafoetida, jeera, red chilly powder and mix well.
- Adjust temperature to high and cook for a minute, lid covered.
- Add dal, ½ cup water and lemon juice and cook for 3 minutes on high temperature without a lid.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve Lasooni Dal Tadka Microwave hot.