Lemon Rice is one of the simple recipes. You can have it as breakfast or for lunch. It is often prepared on special occasions and as-well as on festival days. During Vinayaka chavithi and pongal festivals we find this mouth tingling recipe.
Basmati rice – 2 cups
Lemon juice – 5 tsp.
Mustard Seeds – 2 tsp.
Urad Daal – 2 tsp.
Chana Daal – 2 tsp.
Dried Red chillies – 3
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp.
Asafoetida – A pinch
Roasted Peanuts – 1/2 cup
Curry leaves – 11
Grated coconut – 1 tbsp.
Salt – As per your taste
Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp.
Lemon rice preparation:
- Wash the rice and add 4 cups of water, little salt and pressure cook for 1-2 whistles.
Tip 1: If you are cooking for small quantity then use measurement of 1:2 ratio (rice:water)
Tip 2: If you are cooking with old rice then soak it in water for 10-15 minutes before cooking.
- You can also cook out side (electic cooker/microwave) just as you cook for daily use
- Once the rice is cooked, let it cool. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai (frying pan), add dried red chillies(break them into two), asafoetida, chana dal and urad dal.
- Fry them until the dals chage their color to light brown. Add mustard seeds and peanuts
- When you find mustard seeds crackling, add curry leaves. Fry for 10 seconds more.
Tip: Take care while putting curry leaves as oil or flalme may raise.
- Add turmeric powder and stir well. Add cooked rice, lemon juice and salt
Tip: While taking lemon juice, add little salt so that juice doesnt turn sour.
- Stir entire ingredients well. Garnish with grated coconut.
- Lemon rice is ready. Serve hot.
http://www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/lemon-rice/https://i1.wp.com/www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Lemon-Rice.jpg?fit=1024%2C817https://i1.wp.com/www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Lemon-Rice.jpg?resize=150%2C150VegetarianHow To Make Lemon Rice,lemon rice indian recipe,Lemon Rice Recipe,Recipe For Lemon Rice,recipe lemon riceLemon Rice is one of the simple recipes. You can have it as breakfast or for lunch. It is often prepared on special occasions and as-well as on festival days. During Vinayaka chavithi and pongal festivals we find this mouth tingling recipe. Ingredients: Basmati rice - 2 cups Lemon juice - 5...Rambabu UppadaRambabu Uppadaindianrecipeinfo@gmail.comAdministratorI am Rambabu Uppada, founder of Indian Recipe Info. I am fond of food, I thought of sharing my cooking experience with you all. I designed each recipe in such a way that you can simply follow my steps and prepare restaurant rich recipes at your home.Indian Recipe Info