Malai kofta is one of the classic dishes from north India. If you want to impress your family members then make this creamy and soft malai kofta recipe.
Khoya/ Paneer – 75 gms.
Milk – 150 ml.
Sugar – 2 ½ tsp.
Nutmeg powder – ¼ tsp.
Cashewnuts – 50 gms.
Ginger (grated) – 2 tsp.
Garlic (crushed) – 1 tsp.
White pepper powder – 3 tsp.
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp.
Cloves – 6 no.
Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
Cardamoms – 6 no.
Salt to taste
Ghee – 3 tsp.
Khoya – 50 gms.
Paneer – 50 gms.
Potatoes (medium size) – 5 no.
Green chillis – 5 no.
Cummin seeds – ½ tsp.
Ginger (grated) – ½ tsp.
Cashewnuts – 20 gms.
Raisins – 20 gms.
Coriander (chopped) – 1 tsp.
Salt to taste.
Cheese/ paneer – 1 tsp. (grated)
Grated paneer – 1 tsp.
Chopped coriander – 1 tsp.
Making of koftas:
- Boil potatoes and mash them.
- Except raisins and cashew add all kofta ingredients and make ping pong sized dough in hands.
- Flatten the dough and place few cashew and raisins in the centre and shape to ball.
- Repeat with remaining dough and keep these koftas aside.
- Roast cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and cardamom together and dry grind.
- On other side, make a wet grind of other ingredients except ghee.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add dry grind and stir for a second.
- Immediately add wet grind paste and fry further 6 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add 2 cups of water and make a gravy proportion on low flame by cooking for 15 minutes.
- Warm koftas in oven and pour hot gravy over koftas and garnish with paneer grate and coriander leaves.
- Malai kofta is ready. Serve hot with naan or parathas.
Nutritional facts of Malai kofta:
- Paneer when taken moderate will help in reducing body weight.
- It is the store house of calcium making your bones stronger.
- Milk is an excellent source for dental health, as it protects the enamel surface against acidic substances
- Milk contains good quantity of water molecules and is considered to be the best fluid for rehydration.
- Cashew nuts have a fatty acid, which lower the risk of heart disease
- Cashew nuts have a high energy density and high amount of dietary fiber
- Potato is rich in potassium
- It is rich in Vitamin C. Typically; 100 gms. of potato will contain about 17 mg of Vitamin C.
- It contains about 17% starch and it is one of the best natural sources of starch