Malai kofta is one of the classic dishes from north India. If you want to impress your family members then make this creamy and soft malai kofta curry recipe. Here we have prepared kofta dumplings with the combination of khoya, paneer and potatoes which melt in your mouth.
Malai Kofta, How to Make Malai Kofta Recipe, Malai Kofta Curry Recipe
Ingredients for Malai Kofta:
- Cream – 125 gms.
- Khoya/ Paneer – 75 gms.
- Milk – 150 ml.
- Sugar – 2 ½ tbsp.
- Nutmeg powder – ¼ tbsp.
- Cashew nuts – 50 gms.
- Ginger grated – 2 tbsp.
- Garlic crushed – 1 tbsp.
- White pepper powder – 3 tbsp.
- Turmeric powder – ½ tbsp.
- Cloves – 6 no.
- Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
- Cardamoms – 6 no.
- Salt to taste
- Ghee – 3 tbsp.
- Khoya – 50 gms.
- Paneer – 50 gms.
- Potatoes medium size – 5 no.
- Green chillis – 5 no.
- Cummin seeds – ½ tbsp.
- Ginger grated – ½ tbsp.
- Cashew nuts – 20 gms.
- Raisins – 20 gms.
- Coriander chopped – 1 tbsp.
- Salt to taste.
- Cheese/ paneer – 1 tbsp. grated
- Grated paneer - 1 tbsp.
- Chopped coriander – 1 tbsp.
How to Make Malai Kofta Recipe:
Making of koftas:
- Boil potatoes and mash them.
- Except raisins and cashew add all kofta ingredients and make ping pong sized dough in hands.
- Flatten the dough and place few cashew and raisins in the center and shape to ball.
- Repeat with remaining dough and keep these koftas aside.
- Roast cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and cardamom together and dry grind.
- On another side, make a wet grind of other ingredients except for ghee.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add dry grind and stir for a second.
- Immediately add wet grind paste and fry further 6 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add 2 cups of water and make a gravy proportion on low flame by cooking for 15 minutes.
- Warm koftas in an oven and pour hot gravy over koftas and garnish with paneer grate and coriander leaves.
- Malai Kofta Recipe or Malai Kofta Curry is ready. Serve hot with butter naan or parathas.