Malai Palak Recipe, How to Make Makai Palak Recipe, Corn Palak Recipe
Malai Palak Recipe is one of the creamy vegetarian Indian recipes made with spinach and sweet corn in a microwave oven. Although it is a bit lengthy process it tastes to give you everlasting experience when had with parathas or chapatis.
Corn Palak Recipe is a blend of healthy ingredients which is high in iron and calcium. If you are suffering with hemoglobin deficiency then Makai Palak can be considered as good health diet.
If you have any plans to try Punjabi version, you need to add paneer fried in oil until golden brown and then add them at the end (before 5-10 minutes) of the recipe and cook further for 5-10 minutes.
Spinach – 2 bunches
Sweet corn seeds – 1 cup
Jeera – 1 tsp.
Onions – 2 (sliced)
Ginger paste – 1 tsp.
Garlic paste – 1 tsp.
Green chillies – 3 (cut into small pieces)
Milk – ¼ cup
Salt – as per taste
Oil – 1 tsp.
How to Make Malai Palak Recipe:
- Clean spinach in running water and cut them into pieces.
- Place these pieces into microwave safe bowl and cook for five minutes on high temperature.
- Once cooled grind to smooth paste and keep aside.
- Pour 1 ½ cup water and sweet corn seeds in microwave safe bowl and cook for five minutes on high temperature.
- In a safe bowl add oil, jeera, onions pieces, ginger and garlic pastes.
- Cook them on high temperature for 2 minutes.
- Add corn seeds, spinach paste, green chilies and salt to above.
- Cook further for 5 minutes on high flame without lid covered.
- At last add milk, mix all ingredients. Cook further for 2 minutes.
- Serve malai palak recipe hot with chapati.
Tip: If you feel this recipe has become a bit watery then you can add little all purpose flour and mix so that you get thick gravy.