Mango Chicken Curry Recipe is a special recipe which can be prepared during the summer season, as mangoes are abundantly available during this season. In order to get the better taste to this recipe, you need to use the mangoes which are ready to ripe. You might have wondered listening to a fruit added in chicken curry, believe it really tastes good.
While making this recipe, we make use of boneless chicken and coconut poppy seed paste for making gravy and giving juicy, sweet and spicy flavour to the meat. This recipe not only goes well with plain rice but also Indian breads.
Ingredients for Mango Chicken Curry Recipe:
Chicken (skinless, boneless) – 250 gms.
Onion paste – 200 gms.
Mango (peeled and minced) – 1 cup (as per taste)
Chilli powder – As per taste
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp.
Salt – As per taste
Coconut and poppy seed paste – 75 gms.
Coriander leaves – 2 bunches
Ginger garlic paste – ½ tsp.
Oil – required
How to Make Mango Chicken Curry:
- Pour little oil in a pan and fry onion paste to light brown.
- Add chicken pieces and cook for a while on low flame.
Tip: We can add meat, ginger garlic paste and turmeric powder separately or add them to meat and marinate for 30 minutes and cook them.
- Add Turmeric powder and ginger garlic paste and cook for more 5 minutes.
- Add salt, chilli powder and coconut and poppy seed paste and cook until tender.
- At last, add minced mango and cook for 10 minutes
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Mango chicken curry is ready to serve.
Tip1: By chance, if you had to use ripe juicy one, then you need to adjust the taste by using vinegar.
Tip2: If you have chosen raw mango if the taste of the recipe is bitter in taste, then you can add little sugar or raisins to balance the taste.