Masala Idli Recipe, How to Make Masala Idli, Spicy Masala Idli snack
If you are planning to make this recipe for breakfast and you are in a hurry you can skip adding tomatoes and capsicum which I pointed as optional. Adding them gives you an additional flavor. This can be prepared in less than 15 minutes.
You can adjust garam masala, red chili powder and salt based on your taste and climate to make Spicy Masala Idli snack. During the rainy season, I love to have spicy. If you like to have a bit crunchy you can sauté idli with a little oil in a pan until they turn golden brown color.
Leftover Idli’s – 4 no.
Onion – 1 no. (small size, minced)
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp.
Turmeric powder – a pinch
Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp.
Garam masala – ¼ tbsp.
Mustard seeds – ½ tbsp.
Coriander powder – ¼ tbsp.
Jeera powder – ¼ tbsp.
Curry leaves – 2 tbsp.
Asafetida – a pinch
Tomatoes – 1 no. (optional)
Capsicum – 2 tbsp. (optional)
Salt – as per your taste.
Water – 50 ml
How to Make Masala Idli Recipe:
- Refrigerating idli keeps it in good condition.
- If you are using fresh I recommend you to Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Slice the idli into cubes and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, once they start spluttering add ginger garlic paste and sauté for a while.
- Add curry leaves, onion, tomato (if using), capsicum (if using).
- Once onions turn golden brown add turmeric powder, garam masla, coriander powder, red chili powder, jeera powder, asafetida, and salt.
- Add the little water so that you get the gravy.
- Add idli pieces and mix well so that gravy sticks.
- Garnish masala idli recipe with coriander leaves and serve hot.