Masala Poori Recipe, Spicy Puri Recipe, How to Make Masala Poori Recipe
Masala Poori or Spicy Puri Recipe is yet another variety of Indian bread made of wheat flour. Unlike common bhatura recipe, this version is spiced up with thymol seeds and red chilly powder.
I tried to keep spices low and healthy if you want you can even add coriander powder, jeera powder, black pepper powder and in some cases add garam masala powder.
You may like to check my previous post about how to make channa bhatura. We can even make this recipe even by stuffing potatoes, it all depends on our creativity.
Ingredients: (1 cup=200 ml.)
Wheat flour – 2 cups
Thymol seeds/ ajwain/ vaamu – 1 tbsp.
Salt – ¾ tbsp.
Water – 500 ml. (required quantity to make dough)
Oil – to deep fry
Red chili powder – 1 tbsp.
How to Make Masala Poori Recipe:
- First sieve flour so that if there are any foreign particles we can remove them.
- Add thymol seeds, salt, and water to make a firm dough.
Tip: Crush thymol seeds under two hands and make soft powder.
- Add 3 tbsp. oil to make dough soft.
Tip: When puri is deep fried, oil present in dough oozes out and will help in getting ball kind of swelling.
- To add spiciness add red chili powder, adjust quantity according to your taste.
- Divide dough into medium sized balls and keep aside.
- Using little flour roll dough in cylindrical shape.
Note: Some people suggest to cover the dough with wet cloth and keep aside for 30-40 minutes, but that is not a good option. If the dough is kept aside, poori absorbs more oil than usual, so make it immediately.
- In order to give a golden touch to Masala Puri recipe, the oil must be heated to optimum level. So add a small piece of dough and check the heat of the oil.
- Put puri in oil and spill oil above layer so that puri blows up.
- Masala Puri Recipe is ready, garnish with basil leaves.
- Serve hot with chole paneer recipe or coconut chutney.
How to make Masala Poori Recipe Video: