Methi Mutter Malai Microwave is one of the North-Indian, Punjabi dish. It is one of the winter recipes with smooth and creamy flavor. Almost every restaurant in Punjab has this recipe in their menu list.
As to fenugreek, green peas and corn seeds are main ingredients, it can be categorized into healthy recipes. Initially, when I have read about this recipe, I felt this gonna be a bit bitter in taste but it came out superb.
While preparing there is a point one have to notice. I have made fenugreek leaves to soak in salt water, this made the recipe lose its bitterness and raw nature. Because of the presence of fresh cream and cashew cream, your children will definitely like this recipe.
While cooking this recipe almost took 15-20 minutes, if we have fenugreek leaves readily soaked. You may also like fenugreek stew recipe.
Fenugreek leaves – 2 bunches (approx. 500 gms.)
Green peas – ¾ cup
Corn seeds – ½ cup
Oil – 2 tbsp.
Onion – 1 no. (big size)
Ginger garlic paste – 2-3 tbsp.
Aam chur (Mango powder ) – 1 tbsp.
Green Chillies – 2 no. (sliced)
Cashew paste – ½ cup
Fresh cream – ½ cup
Salt – as per your taste
How to Make Methi Mutter Malai:
- Clean fenugreek leaves under the tap.
- Add little salt in a bowl and soak leaves for minimum half an hour. Remove the water.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add oil, onion pieces, ginger garlic paste and cook for 2 minutes without the lid on high temperature.
- Add fenugreek leaves and mix well, cook for 5 minutes without the lid on high temperature.
- Add aam chur (mango powder), green chilies, green peas and corn seeds. Mix and cook for 2 minutes without the lid on high temperature.
- Add cashew paste, fresh cream and salt. Mix and cook for 5 minutes by placing a lid over the bowl at high temperature.
- Serve Methi Mutter Malai hot.