Mitha khaja is one of the delicious special Diwali sweet recipes. Mitha Khaja recipe is described in north Indian style; it can be prepared with regular kitchen ingredients. This recipe sounds less as it is one of the old recipes.
Khaja is first deep fried in the oil and then dipped into jaggery syrup where kahaj absorbs the syrup and changes its colour to shiny golden brown. It is a bit crisp and juice filled recipe which one likes to eat more and more. Many people use sugar syrup but keeping health concious i made this recipe using jaggery.
Plain flour – 1 ½ cups
Jaggery – ½ cup
Ghee – 1 tsp.
Water – 1 cup
Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp.
Ghee – For deep fry
Prepare Mitha Khaja:
- Add jaggery to the water and heat until it dissolves.
- Filter the dust particles and let it cool.
- Add 1 tsp. of ghee and cardamom powder to plain flour.
- Knead the mixture with the help of jaggery liquid.
Tip: Make sure that the dough is stiff and elastic
- To the above quantity you can make around 20 parts.
- Press the ball with hand gently so that it bulges 4 inch width
- Pierce with fork or slit with knife around the ball.
- Keep them on a clean cloth for about one hour so that they can dry and absorb less oil
- Heat ghee on a frying vessel and deep fry the balls until they turn golden brown.
- Mitha Khaja become crispy and hard once they are cooled.
- Store them in an air tight container.
http://www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/mitha-khaja/https://i1.wp.com/www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Mitha-Khaja.jpg?fit=1017%2C719https://i1.wp.com/www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Mitha-Khaja.jpg?resize=150%2C150DessertsDiwali sweetsdiwali sweets,Khaja Recipe,Mitha Khaja,Mitha Khaja RecipeMitha khaja is one of the delicious special Diwali sweet recipes. Mitha Khaja recipe is described in north Indian style; it can be prepared with regular kitchen ingredients. This recipe sounds less as it is one of the old recipes. Khaja is first deep fried in the oil and then...Rambabu UppadaRambabu Uppadaindianrecipeinfo@gmail.comAdministratorI am Rambabu Uppada, founder of Indian Recipe Info. I am fond of food, I thought of sharing my cooking experience with you all. I designed each recipe in such a way that you can simply follow my steps and prepare restaurant rich recipes at your home.Indian Recipe Info