Mix Veg Curry | Mixed Vegetable Curry Recipe
Sometimes when I have little vegetables left at home I’ll try to prefer making mix veg curry as this not only keeps me healthy but gives a delicious taste. Whenever we do fasting in Hindu culture our ancestors prefer having mixed vegetable curry after you breakfasting along with rice. Similar to this recipe I have posted Navratan Korma where you will use nine varieties of vegetables.
Usually, water is kept at low and make Mixed Vegetable Curry thick gravy type which makes it good to have with chapati recipe or even with steamed rice. If you like to have the spicy or aroma filled recipe you can add any spice powder or even sambar powder.
Mixed vegetables – 1 cup (boiled and sliced)
Tip: you can use cauliflowers, carrots, potatoes, peas etc. If you are willing to add more calories then you can add paneer
Tomato – 1 (sliced)
Butter – 2 tsp.
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp.
Sesame seeds – 1 tsp.
Green chilies – 3 no.
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp.
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp.
Coconut – 1/2 (grated)
Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp.
Lemon juice – 1 tsp.
Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
Cloves – 2
Salt – as per taste
How to Make Mix Veg Curry:
- Drain boiled stock of vegetables and keep aside.
- In a mixer make a blend of coconut, sesame seeds, cloves and cinnamon stick.
- Heat a pan, add butter and seeds, allow them to splutter
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for a while.
- Other than tomatoes add all vegetables, cook them by adding 1/2 cup stock (coconut paste) on low flame for about 5 minutes
- Add tomatoes, red chili powder and salt. Cook further till gravy turns thick
- Mix veg curry goes well with chapatti or Butter Nan.