Murgh Do Piazza, How to Make Murgh Do Piazza, Chicken Dopiaza recipe
Murgh do piazza is one of the typical Indian Chicken recipes where you add more onions than the regular dish. Onion lovers will definitely like this recipe as you can easily feel the taste of onion with the blend of tomato essence. In this recipe instead of adding onion slices, you can add onion paste along with tomato puree.
Basically, Chicken Dopiaza Recipe is gravy filled curry recipe having sweet, spicy and tingling flavors of onion and tomato.
In our recipe “Murgh do piazza“, the word “do” and “piazza” describes that this recipe is made with the double the quantity of onion, unlike other chicken recipes. People who are short of spices used in this recipe may substitute them with fewer ingredients like coriander, cumin, and garam masala powders. In order to increase its aroma is the best idea to use whole spice ground.
Ingredients for Chicken Dopiaza recipe:
Chicken – 1 kg.
Tomato puree – 300 ml.
Ginger (finely chopped) – 50 gms.
Garlic (finely chopped) – 50 gms.
Ghee – 150 gms.
Onions (sliced) – 500 gms.
Red chili powder – ½ tsp.
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp.
Garam masala – 1 tsp.
Whole red chili – 4 nos.
Coriander powder 15 gms.
Coriander leaves – 2 tsp.
Salt To taste
Water 500 ml.
Preparation of Murgh Do Piazza:
- Slice onions, ginger and garlic, keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add tomato puree, red chilies, coriander powder, turmeric powder and red chili powder.
- Cover with the lid and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add Onions, ginger and garlic slices and cook further for 3 minutes on high flame.
- Add chicken pieces to the above and add 500 ml. water and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- At last, add salt and garam masala powder and cook further until the pieces turn soft.
- Murgh do piazza is done, garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.