Murgh Do Piazza, How to Make Murgh Do Piazza, Chicken Dopiaza recipe
Murgh do piazza is one of the typical Indian Chicken recipes where you add more onions than the regular dish. Onion lovers will definitely like this recipe as you can easily feel the taste of onion with the blend of tomato essence. In this recipe instead of adding onion slices, you can add onion paste along with tomato puree.
Basically, Chicken Dopiaza Recipe is gravy filled curry recipe having sweet, spicy and tingling flavors of onion and tomato.
In our recipe “Murgh do piazza“, the word “do” and “piazza” describes that this recipe is made with the double the quantity of onion, unlike other chicken recipes. People who are short of spices used in this recipe may substitute them with fewer ingredients like coriander, cumin, and garam masala powders. In order to increase its aroma is the best idea to use whole spice ground.
Ingredients for Chicken Dopiaza recipe:
Chicken – 1 kg.
Tomato puree – large bowl. (approximately 250 gms.)
Ginger (finely chopped) – 1 tbsp.
Garlic (finely chopped) – 1 tbsp.
Onions (sliced) – 1 large cup. (approximately 250 gms.)
Turmeric powder – ½ tbsp.
Salt – 3/4 tbsp. (as per your taste)
Coriander powder – 1/2 tbsp.
Garam masala powder – 1/2 tbsp.
Red chili powder – ½ tsp.
Coriander leaves – 2 tsp.
Water 250 ml.
How to Make Murgh Do Piazza:
- Slice onions, ginger and garlic into small pieces, keep aside.
- Add oil in a pan and add ginger, garlic pieces and saute for a while then add onions.
- Once onions turn translucent add tomato puree.
- Cook for a while and add turmeric powder, salt, garam masala powder and coriander powder.
- Add 1/2 tbsp. red chilly powder (it may depend on the spiciness you like to eat).
- Clean chicken pieces under water and add this to the above mix.
- Add 250 ml. water and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Once you get thick gravy, you will observe pieces turn soft and juicy.
- Murgh do piazza is done, garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Murgh do Piazza or Chicken Dopiaza recipe Video: