Mushroom Biryani Recipe, Puttagodugula Biryani, Easy Mushroom Biryani
I have to try 3-4 times to get perfect recipe. If you stick to the ingredients what I have used or make changes here and there based on your taste buds. You can also make perfect biryani.
Basmati rice – 500 gms.
Mushrooms – 250 gms. (cleaned and sliced)
Tomato – 2 no. (medium size, sliced)
Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp.
Mint leaves – ½ cup
Curry leaves – 2 tbsp.
Coriander leaves – 3 tbsp.
Onions – 2 medium sized (chopped)
Green chili – 2 no. (sliced)
Turmeric powder – a pinch
Garam masala powder – ½ tbsp.
Coriander powder – 1 tbsp.
Pepper powder – ¼ tbsp.
Red chili powder – ½ tbsp. (as per your taste)
Cumin seeds – ½ tbsp.
Fennel seeds/ saunf – ½ tbsp.
Cloves – 4 no.
Bay leaf – 1 small.
Green cardamom – 3 nos.
Cinnamon stick – 1 inch
Anise – 1 no.
Oil – 3 tbsp.
Salt – as per your taste
How to Make Mushroom Biryani Recipe:
- Clean and remove excess starch powder on the rice and soak for 20 minutes.
- Clean all vegetables and chop as per ingredients list.
- For making biryani rice, take a thick bottom vessel, add oil and heat.
- Add cumin seeds, fennel seeds, cloves, bay leaf, green cardamom, anise and cinnamon stick. Fry for a while.
- Add chopped onions, sauté for a while.
- Add ginger garlic paste,sauté for a while, add green chilies, tomatoes.
- Once tomatoes are a bit soft, add mint, curry and coriander leaves.
- Once the mixture is cooked, add mushrooms and cook for a minute.
- Add garam masala powder, pepper powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and chilli powder. Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add water and salt, once water reaches boiling point add rice. And lower the flame.
Tip: Water should be double the quantity of rice.
Tip: Check the rice for every 5 minutes, if required add little water to cook so that you get non-sticky granule rice
- Garnish mushroom biryani recipe with coriander leaves and serve hot with raita.