Mutton Brain Curry, How to Make Mutton Brain Curry, Lamb Brain Curry
Mutton Brain Curry is one of the famous Indian side dishes. Because of its flavor and juiciness, it makes you have one more plate. It has a unique flavor blended with little spices and curd. It goes well with rice or chapati.
Lamb Brain Curry is one of the simplest recipes one can cook also, it is delicate to handle so cleaning should be done very carefully, we need to remove only red veins. As its delicate, it needs to be cooked by gently turning or else it becomes shattered.
When the texture of the brain is not shattered you will get lump form of curry, in this form one can experience spices added to this recipe and also it’s soft and juicy chunks melt in your mouth.
If you are planning to eat in any restaurants then we need to try it in Muslim restaurants as they are familiar with making this recipe. When I thought of making this recipe, I had to order Mutton brain before one day as we don’t get in a jiffy.
Ingredients for Mutton Brain Curry:
Mutton brain – 2 nos.
Mango powder – 1 tsp.
Curd – ¼ cup
Garam masala powder – 1 tsp.
Onions(chopped) – 2 nos.
Garlic – 6 flakes
Coriander seeds – 2 tsps.
Coriander leaves – half bunch
Ghee – 3 tsps.
Red chilli powder – As per your taste (optional)
Salt – As per your taste
How to Make Mutton Brain Curry:
- Grind Mango powder, garam masala, onions, salt, garlic and coriander seeds to fine paste
- Heat the ghee in fry pan, fry the paste till its golden brown
- Add the mutton brain to the paste and fry for some more time.
Note: Never wash the brain, it will lose its nutrients.
- Add yogurt(curd) to the mix and cook on low flame for 10 more minutes
- Add little ghee at the end.
- If you like to have spicy, add little red chilli powder
- Garnish with coriander leaves
- Mutton Brain Curry Recipe is ready. Serve hot.