Mutton Brain Curry, Bheja Fry Recipe, How to Make Mutton Brain Curry
Mutton Brain Curry or Bheja Fry is one of the famous Indian side dishes. Because of its flavor and juiciness, it will compel you to have one more plate. It has a unique flavor blended with little spices and curd.
Usually, Bheja Fry Recipe is made with brains of lamb/sheep or goat. We need to take care while it is removed from the skull of the animal, it should not get torn as it loses its flavor. Many of us prefer having it because of its softness and juiciness, also because it hardly takes 5 minutes to prepare.
Some of us like to have this recipe without mashing brain to experience softness of brain while some like to have mashed as it gets cooked overall flavored with curd, mango powder and garam masala spices.
In our recipe, I have illustrated with step by step clear images along with the video. Still, if you have any doubts you can comment below.
Ingredients for Mutton Brain Curry or Bheja Fry:
Mutton brain – 1 nos.
Mango powder – 1/2 tbsp.
Yogurt/ Curd – ¼ cup
Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp.
Onion(chopped) – 1 no.
Garlic – 6 flakes
Coriander powder – 1/2 tbsp.
Coriander leaves – half bunch
Oil/ Ghee – 4 tbsp.
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tbsp.
Red chilli powder – As per your taste (optional)
Salt – As per your taste
How to Make Mutton Brain Curry or Bheja Fry:
- Add sliced onions, garam masala powder, mango powder and garlic flakes in a blender.
- Make a fine paste.
- Heat oil or ghee in fry pan, fry the paste till its golden brown
- Add the mutton brain to the paste and fry for some more time.
Note: Don’t wash the brain
- Add half tablespoon turmeric powder to remove non-veg essence.
- Add a half tablespoon of salt.
- Mix yogurt(curd) to the mix and saute gently till all spices mix.
- If you like to have spicy, add little red chilli powder
- Mix all ingredients and cover the pan with a lid and cook for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves
- Mutton brain curry is ready. Serve hot.
Mutton Brain Curry or Bheja Fry Video: