Mutton Kofta Curry Recipe, How to Make Mutton Kofta Curry Recipe
Mutton Kofta Curry is North Indian cuisine and is usually made from ground meat. You can even supplement meat with beef or even chicken. They are rolled like small balls and cooked by frying, baking or even steaming. Gravy of this recipe is prepared with the blend of spices and herbs makes it unique dish in your menu list.
In our recipe, I have mentioned grounding meat along with other ingredients. In India, we can get ground meat if required. On our request meat will be grounded to fine as our requirement but they may charge extra for it. If you are using minced meat, all you need to do is to ground other ingredients and mix with mutton.
The essence of the recipe sometimes depends on the quality of meat (male, female and age), also meat found in cities is different from villages. In villages, animals are being fed with fresh green grass, unlike meat parlor.
Ingredients for Mutton Kofta Curry Recipe:
Mutton (boneless) – 1 kg.
Onions – 2 no.
Besan (roasted) – 2 ½ tbsp.
Egg – 1 no.
Ginger (finely chopped) – 2 inch piece
Green chilies (finely cut) – 6 no.
Red chili powder – 1 tbsp.
Salt To Taste
Oil for frying.
For the curry:
Onions – 3
Garlic – 4 cloves
Ginger – 1 ½ inch piece.
Turmeric powder – 1tsp.
Tomatoes (boiled & skinned) – 1 cup.
Coriander leaves – 2 tsps.
Red chili powder – 1 tsp.
Garam masala – 1 tsp.
Salt To taste
How to Make Mutton Kofta Curry Recipe:
- Mince/grind the meat along with all ingredients
- Using above ground mixture, make small balls
- Deep fry the balls until they turn their color to golden brown and keep aside.
- For making of curry, fry onions, finely chopped ginger, crushed garlic till golden brown.
- To mak gravy, add the remaining curry ingredients along with enough water.
- When it reaches boil stage, add fried koftas and reduce the flame. Let it cook for about 30-45 minutes.
- Mutton Kofta Curry Recipe is ready. Garnish with copped coriander leaves and serve hot.