Mutton Palak Paneer | How to Make Mutton Palak Paneer Recipe
Mutton Palak Paneer is one of the high-calorie recipes. Paneer is normally preferred by vegetarians. This Indian spinach recipe is a combination of non-veg and paneer. Usually, recipes made with mutton are spicy and tangling in taste.
In North India, palak paneer recipe is very famous they treat this recipe as rich foods and is made in almost all occasions. But this variation is the blend of veg and non-veg.
Ingredients for Mutton Palak Paneer Recipe:
Spinach – 1 cup
Mutton – 250 grams
Paneer – 1 cup
Green chilli (minced) – 2 tsp.
Onions (sliced) – 1 cup
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp.
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp.
Chilli powder – 2 tsp.
Salt – 1 ½ tsp.
Cumin seeds – ½ tsp.
Garam masala powder – ½ tsp.
Coriander powder – 1 tsp.
Coconut powder – 1 ½ tsp.
Coriander leafs – 1 tsp.
Prepare Mutton Palak Paneer Recipe:
- Boil mutton separately and keep aside.
- Boil some water to wash spinach. Drain the water and grind into the paste.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds, onions slices, ginger garlic paste and turmeric powder.
- Let it fry for a while. Add spinach paste.
- Boil spinach until you find oil oozing out and float on top.
- On other side cut the paneer into square pieces and fry in oil.
- Add paneer pieces, green chilli, boiled mutton pieces to the above spinach paste.
- Cover with the lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add coconut powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder.
- Cook further for a minute or two.
- Palak paneer mutton is ready. Garnish with coriander leaves.
How to make paneer for Mutton Palak Paneer:
- Boil 1 liter milk and when it is about to boil add lower heat and put 2 tbsp. of yogurt
Tip: Yogurt/ curd helps in binding milk and helps in getting a smooth texture.
Note: Do not stir after adding yogurt.
- Add 2 tbsp. of lemon extract and gently stir the milk.
- At this stage, milk boils and breaks down.
- Boil for 5-10 minutes on low flame and let it cool.
- Transfer this to muslin cloth and squeeze water and put it in a square mold.
- Refrigerate for an hour to make it firm.