Navratan Korma is a Mughlai Indian Vegetarian Recipes. The word ‘Navratan’ means nine gems, here we are using nine varieties of vegetables and fruits to make Vegetable Korma. This is one of the special Indian dishes in the vegetarian menu list. As there are nine different vegetables and fruits it is fully packed with nutritional values.
Peas (boiled) – 2 cups
Yogurt/ curd – ¼ cup
Carrot (boiled) – 1 large size
Butter – 3 tsp.
Tomato Sauce – ½ cup
Banana – 1
Raisins – 20
Apple – 1 small
Malai (cream) – ¼ cup
Sweet lime – 1 (small)
Cashewnuts – 10
Ghee – 1 tsp.
Pineapple – 2 slices
Cherries (glazed) – for garnishing
Salt – As per taste
Coriander leaves – 1 tsp.
Onion – 1 (large)
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp.
Cardamoms – 1tsp.
Green Chillies – 3
Poppy seeds – 2 tsp.
Coconut (shredded) – ¼ cup
Prepare Navratan Korma:
- Grind cumin seeds, poppy seeds and cardamom to fine powder and keep aside.
- Same way grind onion, chillies and coconut to fine paste.
- Clean and cut all the fruits into small slices.
- Heat ghee on a pan and fry cashews, once they are fried remove them and keep aside.
- Add butter to leftover ghee and add masala paste and fry for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle masala powder and salt and stir. Fry further for about 2 minutes.
- To the above mixture add grated carrot and peas, mix well.
- Add yogurt/ curd and cream, cook further to make mild thick gravy.
- Now add cashews, fruits and raisins and cook further to get a thick gravy.
Tip: You will notice oil/ fat oozes out from the gravy. Off the flame and keep aside
- Navratan Korma is ready. Garnish with grated cheese, sliced cherries and coriander leaves.
- It goes well with naan or paratha.