Tandoori Kandhari is a north Indian style chicken recipe. It is coated with spices and marinated to get delicious taste. Learn how to cook chicken kandhari recipe with simple steps.
Cashew paste – 100 gms.
Green chillies – 50 gms.
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp.
Lemon juice – 1 tsp.
Mint leaves – 2 tsp.
Salt – Required
Butter or refined oil – little
- Grind green chillies to fine paste.
- Add cashew paste, chilli paste, ginger garlic paste and lemon juice to chicken pieces and let it marinate for an hour.
- Transfer marinated chicken pieces to oven and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- For every 5 minutes, coat the pieces with butter and flip them so that it will be cooked whole.
- Once it is done, garnish tandoori kandhari with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Nutritional facts of tandoori kandhari:
- High in proteins, vitamins, minerals, amino acids and low in fat and cholesterol, make chicken a major component of a healthy diet.
- It is packed with various vitamins, minerals and all nine essential amino acids.
- It provides you with 40 percent of the daily requirement of selenium.
- When it comes to its micro nutrients, iron and zinc content in chicken dark meat is much higher than that in white meat.
- Its meat also contains significant amounts of phosphorous and potassium
- The cashew nut’s high magnesium content also takes the credit for its healthy heart qualities
- High copper content in cashew nut, helps the body utilize iron, eliminate free radicals, develop bone and connective tissue, and produce the skin and hair pigment melanin.
- Lemon is abundantly filled with vitamin C, it treats infections like tonsillitis, asthma and sore throat.
- Regular consumption of lemon juice is good for liver and helps in digestion.