Chicken Korma Recipe
Chicken Korma recipe is one of the delicious creamy yogurt based recipe. This recipe is prepared in Andhra style; it is usually served accompanied with pulao or rice. Recipe for chicken korma is prepared by adding cashew paste and other nutritional ingredients.
Onions – 4 no.
Green chilli – 6
Coconut (fresh) – 1/4 piece
Yogurt/ curd – 1 cup
Salt – Required
Turmeric powder – 1 pinch
Red chilli powder – 3 tsp.
Coriander powder – 2 tsp.
Fennel – 1/2 tsp.
Poppy seeds – 2 tsp.
Cloves – 6 no.
Cinnamon – 6 no.
Cardamom – 4 no.
Cashew – 50 gms.
Coriander leaves – 2 tsp.
Oil – 150 gms.
Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp.
Bay leaf – 1
- Wash skinless chicken pieces thoroughly
- Powder fresh coconut, poppy seeds and half cashew in a mixer grinder.
- On other hand fry coriander seeds, fennel, 4 cloves, 4 cinnamon, 2 cardamom pieces and powder them.
- Cut green chilly in long side and keep aside.
- Grind 2 onions and keep aside.
- Now cut the remaining onions into thin slices.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, onion paste, ginger garlic paste, yogurt, coconut cashew paste to chicken and let it marinate for 30 minutes.
Tip: Mix all the ingredients and cover with the lid or aluminium foil and refrigerate.
- Heat oil in a pan and add onions and sliced green chilli pieces
- Add marinated pieces and fry for a while.
- As we have added yogurt and other pastes, water present in them is enough for cooking.
- On other hand heat oil on a non-stick pan and add bay leaf, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon and fry for a while.
- Using skillet remove chicken pieces leaving gravy part aside and fry in little oil separately until it turns its colour
- Once it is done, add the gravy and 1 cup water and cook further for a while and serve hot garnishing with coriander leaves
- Chicken korma recipe tastes great with pulao, rice and Chapati.
Nutritional facts of chicken korma recipe:
- Cashew have a kind of fatty acid, which lower the risk of heart disease
- It has high energy density and high amount of dietary fiber
- Its high magnesium content also takes the credit for its healthy heart qualities
- It provides you with 40 percent of the daily requirement of selenium.
- When it comes to its micro nutrients, iron and zinc
- Its meat also contains significant amounts of phosphorous and potassium
- Coconut is a good nutritional source of quick energy
- Improves insulin secretion and helps in proper utilization of blood glucose.
- Improves magnesium and calcium absorption and helps in development of strong bones and teeth.
- Curd helps in improving digestive system
- It helps in strengthening the immune system
- It helps to improve capacity to absorb minerals, vitamins and other micro nutrients from the food we take.
- Turmeric powder is a natural antibacterial and antiseptic.
- It works as a natural detoxifier agent for liver
- Recipe chicken Korma is packed with various vitamins, minerals and all nine essential amino acids.