Whenever I feel lazy I prefer making onion rice as this can be made even without beans. Sometimes I prefer adding spring onions as it adds more flavor. Also if we are left with plain rice this recipe or egg fried rice becomes my favorite food.
Apart from all above, rice has become a staple food in major parts of Asia. We can make this recipe with normal rice grains or even basmati rice all we need to take care is to keep grains nonsticky for which we can add little oil while cooking rice.
Ingredients for Onion Rice: (1 cup = 200 ml.)
Onions – 1 ½ cups.
Green chilies – 4-5 no.
Cooked Rice – 1 large bowl
Sprouted Green peas – 1 cup
Mustard seeds – ¼ tbsp.
Cumin seeds – ½ tbsp.
Garlic – 1 tbsp. (finely chopped)
Turmeric powder – ¼ tbsp.
Salt – 1 ¼ tbsp. (as per your taste)
Lemon extract – ½ piece.
Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp.
Oil – 2 spoons
How to Make Onion Fried Rice Recipe:
- Add two spoons of oil in the pan and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, and finely chopped garlic pieces.
- As onions are the main ingredient of our recipe, finely chop onions add 1 ½ cup to 2 cups of onions.
- Add green chilies and sprouted fresh beans. Mix well.
Tip: You can even use normal fresh beans but sprouted beans have more nutrients.
Tip: If we want sprouted beans, we need to put beans in a clean muslin cloth with mild moisture.
- Add ¼ tbsp. Salt and mix well. Cover with lid and cook on low flame for a minute.
- Above salt cooks onions faster and locks color, now again add ¼ tbsp. Turmeric powder and 1 tbsp. Salt.
- Add cooked rice to this mix and mix well.
- Although we don’t add any spices, adding lemon extract makes this recipe sweet and tangling.
- Garnish Onion Fried Rice Recipe with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Onion Fried Rice Recipe Video: