Onion Rice is one of the simple and easy to prepare dish. Onion rice recipe can be prepared with fresh cooked or even left over chaaval. This fried rice recipe is not only colourful with beans but also delicious.
Rice – 1 cup
Green beans – 1/2 cup
Onion – 1 medium sized
Cumin and mustard seeds – for seasoing
Green chillies – 3 (minced)
Coriander leaves (chopped) – 1 tsp
Garlic – little
Salt – As per your taste.
Prepare Onion Rice:
- Cook rice separately.
- Cut onions into long and thin slices.
- Heat oil on a sauce pan and fry cumin and mustard seeds for seasonig. Remove and keep aside.
- In the same pan add onions and green chillies and fry until you get golden colour.
- Now add green peas and little water and boil until everything is dried.
- Once it is dried, add cooked rice and coriander leaves.
- Cook for about 1 minute stirring constantly until everything is mixed well.
- Onion Rice is ready to serve, serve hot.