Palak Paneer Recipe, How to Make Palak Paneer, Restaurant Style Palak Paneer
Palak Paneer Recipe is one of the famous recipes among paneer variation. It is prepared using soft paneer or cottage cheese by cutting down to small pieces and cooking with spinach paste. Basically, it is a Punjabi recipe, it is considered as one of the healthiest recipes. Whenever there is a special occasion you will find this recipe.
Let us learn how to make restaurant style Palak Paneer recipe step by step. In our recipe, Paneer is fried to golden color to add extra flavor. If you like to add cream then you can add it. If you are adding cream one should make sure that there should not be too much cream or water.
Alternatively, you can substitute cream by cashew or almond paste. If you like to add almond paste then it’s better to soak almonds on the previous night and make a paste. If you are in hurry even soaking 4 hours is enough.
Spinach – 500 gms
Paneer – 200 gms
Onions – 5 (medium sized)
Garlic – 3 flakes
Garam Masala – 1/2 tbsp.
Jeera Powder – 1/4 tbsp.
Chilli Powder – as per taste (as a substitute you can use 5 green chilies)
Cummin seeds – 1 tbsp.
Cooking oil – 6 tbsps.
Salt to taste
How to Make Palak Paneer Recipe:
- Cook spinach by adding adequate water.
- Once cooked, drain excess water and make puree.
- Slice 4 onions finely, add oil in a pan and saute till transparent
- Grind garlic flakes and remaining onion to fine paste.
- Add this paste to above sauted onions
- Add spinach puree and Garam masala, jeera powder and chilly powder
- Boil for a minute, if needed you can add little water
- On other hand cut paneer of minimum one inch size and fry it in oil until you obtain golden brown color.
- Add this paneer to above spinach gravy.
- Cook for a minute and serve hot.
- Palak paneer recipe goes well with rice or parathas.