Unlike restaurants, I have not used much of spices. Also, I tried to reduce the cost of preparation and tried to maintain homely feeling. If you want to make this recipe rich you can add cashew and almond paste. Adding this paste will give you smooth and creamy texture.
Paneer – 400 gms.
Butter – ½ cup
Bay leaves – 2 no.
Black pepper (whole) – 8-10 no.
Cinnamon – 2 inch piece
Cardamom – 5 no.
Clove – 10 no.
Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp.
Green Chillies – 3 no.
Tomato puree – 2 cups
Kashmiri chili powder – 1 tbsp.
Garam masala powder – 1 tbsp.
Honey or sugar – 2 tbsp.
Fenugreek powder (roasted) – ½ tbsp.
Fresh cream – 1 cup
Water – 1 ½ cups
Salt – As per your taste
How to Make Paneer Makhani Recipe:
- Take microwave safe bowl and put butter, bay leaves, cinnamon stick, cloves, cardamom, ginger garlic paste and green chilies (sliced).
- Mix all together and cook by adjusting to the high temperature for 3 minutes without a lid.
- Add tomato puree, Kashmiri chili powder, garam masala powder, salt and 1 ½ cups water
- Cook on high temperature for 10 minutes without the lid.
- Add honey or sugar, paneer, and roasted fenugreek powder and mix well.
Tip: If you don’t like the taste of raw paneer or directly cooked paneer you can deep fry or roast paneer to golden brown color and add.
- Without lid, adjust to medium temperature and cook further for 8 minutes.
- Add fresh cream and cook further for 3 minutes at high temperature.
- Serve Paneer Makhani hot. It goes well with chapatti, butter naan or even jeera rice.