Pani Puri Recipe | Golgappa | Puchkas | How to Make Pani Puri Recipe
Pani puri recipe is one of the famous mouth-watering snacks. In north India, this recipe is called as golgappas, they are crispy puri filled with spicy and tangling water (pani) with yellow peas as stuffing.
Ingredients to make puri:
Semolina (Suji) – 1 cup
Baking soda – ¼ tsp.
Maida (all-purpose flour) – 3 tsp.
Salt – ½ tsp.
Oil – required to deep fry
Ingredients to make pani:
Tamarind pulp – ½ cup.
Jeera (cumin seeds) powder – 3 tsp.
Mint leaves – 1 cup.
Coriander leaves – ½ cup
Black Salt – 1 tsp.
Green chilli – 3 no.
Jaggery – 2 tsp.
Ginger – 1 small piece
Salt – to taste
Water – 2 cups.
Ingredients to stuff into Pani puri:
Yellow peas – 1 cup
Potatoes – 2 large size
Prepare Pani Puri:
Making of puri:
- Mix semolina, all-purpose flour, baking soda and little salt.
- Add little water and knead well. Cover with wet muslin cloth for at least 20-30 minutes.
- Make small balls (when rolled must be of size not more than 1 ½ inches).
Tip: If you are making more number of puri’s, then place remaining balls under muslin cloth.
- With the help of maida, roll to thin roti’s.
Tip: If you feel you are not getting round shape then make large and thin roti, cut the sheet into circular shape with the help of mould or round glass mouth.
- Heat oil in a deep bottom pan, once oil is hot deep fry puri’s to golden brown colour.
Tip: In order to swell and attain ball shape, press puri at centre and flip them.
Tip: Once done, let them cool and immediately store in an airtight container to maintain crispiness.
Making of pani:
- Soak tamarind in a cup of water and extract juice by filtering pulp.
- Grind mint leaves, coriander leaves and green chillies to fine paste.
- Dissolve jaggery and black salt in one litre of water and make sure there are no rough bits.
- Now add all ingredients to one place.
Making of stuffing into pani puri:
- Soak yellow peas overnight and boil until soft.
- Boil potatoes and remove skill.
- Mash both potatoes and yellow peas by adding little salt (optional, as we have salt in pani).
Serving pani puri:
- Make a small hole to the puri and stuff yellow pea mix.
- Dip this puri into pani and consume immediately.