Pani Puri Recipe is one of the famous mouth-watering snacks. In north India, this recipe is called as golgappas, they are crispy puri filled with spicy and tangling water (pani) with yellow peas as stuffing.
This recipe is once famous in North India, because of its taste it has become so famous that now it is available in all parts of India. Although, one might see slight change with the way they make this recipe has won hearts of people. Some feel pani used in this recipe will make difference and some feel stuffing ingredients make difference.
Ingredients for Pani Puri Recipe:
Ingredients to make puri:
Semolina (Suji) – 1 cup
Baking soda – ¼ tsp.
Maida (all-purpose flour) – 3 tsp.
Salt – ½ tsp.
Oil – required to deep fry
Ingredients to make pani:
Tamarind pulp – ½ cup.
Jeera (cumin seeds) powder – 3 tsp.
Mint leaves – 1 cup.
Coriander leaves – ½ cup
Black Salt – 1 tsp.
Green chili – 3 no.
Jaggery – 2 tsp.
Ginger – 1 small piece
Salt – to taste
Water – 2 cups.
Ingredients to stuff into Pani puri:
Yellow peas – 1 cup
Potatoes – 2 large size
How to Make Pani Puri Recipe:
Making of Golgappa Recipe Puri:
- Mix semolina, all-purpose flour, baking soda and a little salt.
- Add a little water and knead well. Cover with wet muslin cloth for at least 20-30 minutes.
- Make small balls (when rolled must be of a size not more than 1 ½ inches).
Tip: If you are making more number of Puri’s, then place remaining balls under muslin cloth.
- With the help of Maida, roll to thin roti.
Tip: If you feel you are not getting round shape then make large and thin roti, cut the sheet into a circular shape with the help of mold or round glass mouth.
- Heat oil in a deep bottom pan, once oil is hot deep fry puris to golden brown color.
Tip: In order to swell and attain ball shape, press puri at center and flip them.
Tip: Once done, let them cool and immediately store in an airtight container to maintain crispness.
Making of Golgappa Recipe Pani:
- Soak tamarind in a cup of water and extract juice by filtering pulp.
- Grind mint leaves, coriander leaves and green chilies to a fine paste.
- Dissolve jaggery and black salt in one liter of water and make sure there are no rough bits.
- Now add all ingredients to one place.
Making of Pani Puri Stuffing Recipe:
- Soak yellow peas overnight and boil until soft.
- Boil potatoes and remove skill.
- Mash both potatoes and yellow peas by adding the little salt (optional, as we have salt in pani).
Serving Pani Puri Recipe:
- Make a small hole to the puri and stuff yellow pea mix.
- Either Dip or pour pani into puri and consume immediately.