Peanut chutney is one of the most preferred among south Indian recipes. As we all know peanuts are good source of energy, it is good to add to our breakfast. It is much needed for growing children as they get exhausted with their education stress. Groundnut chutney accompanied with their breakfast can fulfill this. You can even add it to your sandwich to make it delicious.
Peanuts – 1cup
Green chilli – 2
Soft chana dal – ¼ cup
Yogurt (curd) – 1 tsp.
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp.
Lemon juice – 2 tsp.
Vegetable oil – 2 tsp.
Salt to taste
Preparation of Peanut Chutney:
- Roast the peanuts and remove the skin.
- Grind chana dal, peanuts, green chilli, yogurt together
- Add lemon juice and salt before finishing grind and mix well.
- On other hand, fry mustard seeds until they splatter with 2 tsp. oil
- Remove from heat, pour over the chutney and mix well.
Tip: If you want spicy then you can add dried red chilly along with the mustard seeds and fry.
- Peanut chutney tastes good along with idli or dosa.