Apart from many varieties of chutneys available, peanut chutney is one of the most preferred among south Indian recipes. As we all know peanuts are good source of energy, it is good to add to our breakfast. It is much needed for growing children as they get exhausted with their education stress. Groundnut chutney accompanied with their breakfast can fulfill this. You can even add it to your sandwich to make it delicious.
Green chilli – 2
Soft chana dal - ¼ cup
Yogurt (curd) – 1 tsp.
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp.
Lemon juice – 2 tsp.
Vegetable oil – 2 tsp.
Salt to taste
- Roast the peanuts and remove the skin.
- Grind chana dal, peanuts, green chilli, yogurt together
- Add lemon juice and salt before finishing grind and mix well.
- On other hand, fry mustard seeds until they splatter with 2 tsp. oil
- Remove from heat, pour over the chutney and mix well.
Tip: If you want spicy then you can add dried red chilly along with the mustard seeds and fry.
- Peanut chutney tastes good along with idli or dosa.
- Peanuts are rich in energy and contain minerals, nutrients, vitamins and antioxidants that are essential for optimum health.
- These nuts are good source of dietary protein and also contain amino acids that are essential for growth and development.
- They act as protective function against heart disease, cancers, Alzheimer’s disease, degenerative nerve disease
- The nuts are an excellent source of vitamin E
- The nuts are packed with vitamins such as niacin, riboflavin, thiamin, vitamin B-6, pantothenic acid and folates.
- The nuts are rich source of minerals like copper, potassium, manganese, zinc, calcium, iron and selenium.