Pedhas sweet is made out of khoya and it tastes marvelous. They are made of milk and sugar. As its major ingredient is based on milk byproduct, it is good for health. Doodh Pedas play a major role in sweets category during festival seasons. Indians celebrate their happiness by distributing khoya pedas.
Pistas (finely sliced) – 10
Sugar – 300 gms.
Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp.
Colour as required (3 drops)
- Grate khoya into fine pieces.
- Powder the sugar and mix with together in a thick bottom vessel.
- Fry the above mixture on low flame stirring continuously until the mixture thickens.
Tip: Remove from the heat when you observe very soft lump.
- Let it cool and add 3 drops of color and cardamom powder. Mix well.
- Make small balls and press them into cookie mould
- Press the sliced pista on the centre.
Note: Khoya is available in almost all sweet stores. You can even make it at your home.
Method to prepare Khoya:
- Boil the milk on high flame in a thick bottom vessel until the water evaporates
- Leaving behind a soft lump
Note: Stir continuously while boiling milk
- You can even substitute condensed milk and a cup milk in place of just milk (it will reduce time)
- Pedhas sweet is ready.
- Milk is the best source of calcium supply to our body.
- It is rich in calcium, which is an essential element for growth and proper development of strong bone structure
- It is an excellent source for dental health, as it protects the enamel surface against acidic substances
- It contains good quantity of water molecules and is considered to be the best fluid for re-hydration.
- Apart from other good qualities milk has been proved to be good skin care product.
- Pista nuts are rich in mono-saturated fatty acids which help in reducing bad cholesterol.
- Pista nuts are excellent source of vitamin E and B complex group of vitamins.
- It also has micro nutrients like copper, potassium, iron, manganese, magnesium, selenium and zinc.