Pedhas sweet is made out of khoya and it tastes marvelous. They are made of milk and sugar. As its major ingredient is based on milk byproduct, it is good for health. Doodh Pedas play a major role in sweets category during festival seasons. Indians celebrate their happiness by distributing khoya pedas.
Khoya – 500 gms.
Pistas (finely sliced) – 10
Sugar – 300 gms.
Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp.
Colour as required (3 drops)
Preparation of Pedhas sweet:
- Grate khoya into fine pieces.
- Powder the sugar and mix with together in a thick bottom vessel.
- Fry the above mixture on low flame stirring continuously until the mixture thickens.
Tip: Remove from the heat when you observe very soft lump.
- Let it cool and add 3 drops of color and cardamom powder. Mix well.
- Make small balls and press them into cookie mould
- Press the sliced pista on the centre.
Note: Khoya is available in almost all sweet stores. You can even make it at your home.
Method to prepare Khoya:
- Boil the milk on high flame in a thick bottom vessel until the water evaporates
- Leaving behind a soft lump
Note: Stir continuously while boiling milk
- You can even substitute condensed milk and a cup milk in place of just milk (it will reduce time)
- Pedhas sweet is ready.