Peri Peri Sauce Recipe – Home Made Piri Piri Sauce
Sometimes when I am short of pizza sauce, I use this recipe to cover the pizza base and then put vegetables and yummy cheese. For making tangling pizza, along with this sauce, i use tomato sauce.
I have used both lemon juice and vinegar, if you don’t want to use vinegar, you can increase the quantity of lemon juice (2 tbsp. as a supplement). Sometimes you may feel spicier than you expected. In this scenario, you can adjust spiciness with lemon juice.
Onion – 1 no.
Red Chillies – 4 no.
Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp. (optional if you need more spice)
Olive oil – ¼ cup (around 100 ml.)
Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp.
Fenugreek seeds – 1 tbsp.
Coriander seeds – 1 tbsp.
Pepper powder – ½ tbsp.
Lemon juice – 3 tbsp.
White vinegar – 2 tbsp.
Salt – as per your taste
Preparation of peri peri sauce recipe:
- Remove the stems of red chillies and soak for 3-4 hours in water.
- Slice the onions into medium size.
- Dry roast coriander and fenugreek seeds.
- Put red chillies, onions, coriander leaves, pepper powder, roasted coriander and fenugreek seeds in a blender.
- Blend for a minute and add olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar and salt.
Tip: If you like to have spicy you can use red chilly powder or else you can skip this ingredient.
- Blend all together to smooth paste.
- In order to increase shelf life of peri peri sauce recipe, store in an airtight container and refrigerate.
- You can use this recipe with all kinds of non-vegetarian side dishes and tikka recipes.