Beaten rice/ poha – 1 cup
Onions (chopped) – 2
Grated coconut (grated) – ¼ cup
Ground nuts (crushed) – ¼ cup
Curry leaves – 1 stalk
Green chillies – 6
Sugar – ¼ tsp.
Coriander leaves – ¼ cup
Lime juice – 1 tsp.
Potato (chopped) – 1 small
Mustard – ½ tsp.
Cumin seeds – ½ tsp.
Oil – 1 ½ tsp.
Salt – As per your taste.
Prepare Poha Recipe:
- Clean beaten rice/poha and wash in water.
- Drain all the water and sprinkle little water and keep aside.
- After 10 minutes, gently loosen the rice wafers.
Note: There are two varieties of beaten rice, one is thin rice wafers type and other is thick. Thick is preferred.
Tip: If beaten rice is thick (native) you should loose it after 15 minutes.
- In a heavy sauce pan put some oil and add cumin, mustard seeds and potatoes.
- Stir for a while. Approximately 2 minutes.
- Add onions, curry leaves and green chillies. Stir further still the onions are tender.
- Add beaten rice/ poha and remaining ingredients.
Tip: Save some coriander leaves and grated coconut for garnishing.
- Add salt – as per your taste.
- To enrich the taste add lemon juice.
- Lower the heat and stir slowly so that it doesn’t stick to the base.
- Poha is ready. Garnish with coriander leaves and grated coconut.
- Serve hot.
http://www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/poha-recipe/https://i1.wp.com/www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Poha-Recipe.jpg?fit=1024%2C666https://i1.wp.com/www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Poha-Recipe.jpg?resize=150%2C150Breakfast RecipesSnacksVegetarianAloo Poha,Atukula Upma,Batata Poha,Poha Recipe,Quick Breakfast Recipes,recipe for poha,recipe of poha,recipe poha,recipes of pohaPoha recipe is a simple Indian breakfast recipe which can be prepared quickly. Because of its colour even children like to have it. Ingredients: Beaten rice/ poha – 1 cup Onions (chopped) - 2 Grated coconut (grated) – ¼ cup Ground nuts (crushed) – ¼ cup Curry leaves – 1 stalk Green chillies – 6 Sugar –...Rambabu UppadaRambabu Uppadaindianrecipeinfo@gmail.comAdministratorI am Rambabu Uppada, founder of Indian Recipe Info. I am fond of food, I thought of sharing my cooking experience with you all. I designed each recipe in such a way that you can simply follow my steps and prepare restaurant rich recipes at your home.Indian Recipe Info