Potato Bonda Recipe, How to make Aloo Bonda, Batata Vada, Aloo Bonda
It is a deep fried snack recipe made from mashed potatoes, gram flour and spices. In other places of Maharashtra, people also call with the name batata vada.
During the winter season, it is one of the best selling street snack recipes. It is crispy outside and smooth and spicy from inside.
Potato buds – 2 cups
Onion – 1 (medium size)
Gram flour – 1 cup
Pea and carrots – 1 1/2 cups.
Ginger – small piece
Green chillies – 2 (big size)
Lemon juice – 1 tsp.
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp.
Turmeric powder – a pinch
Coriander leaves – 1 small bunch
Oil – 8 tsp.
Baking powder – a pinch
Hot water – little required
Salt – as per your taste
How to Make Potato Bonda Recipe:
Fillings for Aloo Bonda:
- With the help of hot water, mix 1/2 tsp. salt and mash potato buds
- Finely chop onions, coriander leaves, ginger and chillies.
- Heat 5 tsp. oil and add mustard seeds.
- Add onions and other remaining chopped ingredients. Saute till onions turn brown
- Add carrot peas mix, turmeric powder and required salt and cook on low flame for about 10 minutes
- Add mashed potatoes and fry for about 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice stir and let it cool
Aloo Bonda Batter:
- Add 3 tsp. Oil, 1/2 tsp. Salt, baking powder and 3/4 cup water with basin flour and mix well.
- Make small balls of equal size with filling mixture
- Dip these balls in the batter and deep fry in hot oil.
- Potato Bonda Recipe or Aloo Bonda goes well with pudina chutney or tomato ketchup.