Potato Masala Toast Sandwich Recipe or simply aloo sandwich is made by using traditional toaster where we put bread slices stuffed with spicy aloo masala curry and heated on the flame. This masala curry can be used to make potato bonda or even bread pakora recipe but both of them are deep fried recipes.
Ingredients (1 cup=200 ml.):
Bread Slices – 4 slices
Oil/ ghee/ butter to grease toaster
Potato masala for sandwich:
Potatoes – 500 – 750 gms.
Ginger Garlic paste – ¼ tbsp.
Oil – 3 tbsp.
Onion – 1 no. (big or ½ cup)
Curry leaves – 1 tbsp.
Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp.
Mustard seeds – ¼ tbsp.
Green chilies – 3-4 nos.
Hing – a pinch
Red Chili powder – ¾ tbsp.
Garam masala powder – ¼ tbsp.
Turmeric powder – ¼ tbsp.
Mango powder/ Amchur – 1 tbsp.
Salt – ½ tbsp. (as per your taste)
How to Make Potato Masala Toast Sandwich Recipe:
Making of aloo sandwich recipe:
- Boil potatoes till they become soft and remove skin. When they are hot, mash them and keep aside.
Tip: Make sure there are no green color patches on potatoes while purchasing, as they are not good for health.
- Heat pan, add oil once it’s hot, add curry leaves, mustard seeds and chopped green chilies.
Tip: Green chilies can be chopped or we can make a fine paste.
- Add chopped onions, once they turn translucent sprinkle hing, red chili powder, and salt.
- Continue adding ginger garlic paste, garam masala powder, turmeric powder and mango powder/ amchur.
- Mix all the ingredients and saute for a while, add potato mash and cook for a minute.
- Once potato is cooked, add coriander leaves and off the heat.
- Take toaster and coat with ghee or butter so that we get the golden brown crust.
- Place bread slice in it and place little potato masala curry and spread over bread.
- Place the second layer of bread over potato curry and close the toaster.
- First, bake it over the low flame and then increase the flame and flip to another side.
- Slice the bread into half (diagonally) and serve hot with tomato ketchup.
Potato Masala Toast Sandwich Video: