Ragi Chapati Recipe is one of the staple foods among farmers of south India. Ragi recipes keep your body strong and increase your immune system. As this is one of the gluten free bread recipe doctors recommend it for diabetic patients. It goes well with cucumber or onion raita. Some like to eat directly or even with yoghurt.
As many of us got to know benefits of finger millets, there are many major brands who are trying to push their products with healthy snacks made with finger millets. I have come across biscuits, ladoos, breads, ragi dosa and even ragi idli recipes made with finger millets.
Finger Millet Chapati tastes great with onion salad or cucumber, in some cases, you can put onions into flour while making the dough and roast it.
Ingredients for Ragi Chapati:
Ragi/ finger millet powder – 100 gms.
Water – 100 ml
Chilli paste – 1/2 tbsp
Coriander leaves – 1/2 cup
Salt – little
How to Make Ragi Chapati Recipe:
- Heat water in a bowl. Put the heat on medium flame.
- When the water starts boiling, add finger millet powder, green chilli paste and coriander leaves.
- Let it cook for two minutes. Do not disturb the mixture.
- Take out from a flame, and mix well with your hand so that there are no lumps.
- Let it cool for five minutes. Now make the mixture like normal chapatti dough.
- If you like you can add little ghee.
- Without the use of rolling stick, try to squeeze out the dough with the help of your hands and make thin chapati.
Tip: If you are facing problem making chapati with bare hands, you can make use of clean cloth and fold it in such a way that you can put pressure (to squeeze) with the help of it.
- Once done, put them on a non stick pan.
- Cook it until it changes its colour, flip to other side and repeat same.
- Ragi Chapati Recipe is ready. Serve hot.