Rasgulla Recipe is one of the traditional dessert recipe made of cheese. May be it looks similar to Gulab Jamun but its flavor is much more delicious. Rasgulla is a milk based traditional Indian sweet. Recipe Of Rasgulla is soft and juicy and is mainly prepared on special occasions.
Milk – ½ litre
Refined flour (maida) – 2 tsp.
Lemon juice – 3 tbsp.
Sugar- 1 cup
Water- 1 cup
Rose essence or cardamom powder – 2-3 drops or 1/4 tsp
Preparation of Rasgulla:
- Heat milk in a pan and bring it to boil. Remove from heat.
- Adding lemon juice, stir gently until white curd formed on the surface gets separated from whey.
- On straining this milk, the yogurt like thing obtained is called “chenna”.
- Wash chenna well under cold running water and put this chenna in a cloth and press out the excess water by twisting the cloth
- Knead chenna to make smooth dough. Add flour and knead again.
- Make small even size balls of the dough and keep aside.
- Prepare sugar syrup.
- Mix sugar and water in a saucepan and bring it to boil.
- Add chenna balls to the syrup and cook for 10-15 minutes covering with perforated lid.
- Chenna dumplings will puff up.
- On cooling, add rose essence and refrigerate
- Rasgulla is ready to serve. Serve chilled.