Rava Dosa, How to Make Rava Dosa Recipe, Crispy Rava Dosa Recipe
Rava Dosa Recipe can be prepared instantly with hassle free. All you need is semolina, rice flour, and other kitchen ingredients. This is one of the popular South Indian Recipe which can be made instantly.
Our main ingredient is semolina or rava to make this Crispy Rava Dosa Recipe. Also, we don’t have any kind of fermentation process in this recipe, so we add rice flour and soda bicarbonate to make it smooth batter. In some cases, if you need sticky batter you may add little quantity of maida (all purpose flour).
Usually, children like to have toppings of veggies or onions, as we cannot put onions in the batter unlike usual plain dosa recipe, we put onions and grated ginger above the pan and then pour batter.
Ingredients for Rava Dosa:
Semolina (fine) – 1 cup
Rice flour – ½ cup
Soda Bicarbonate – 1/8 tsp.
Green chillies(finely chopped) – 2
Butter milk – 2 cups
Cumin seeds – ½ tsp.
Asafoetida – A pinch
Oil – 1 tsp.
Coriander leaves (finely chopped) – 1tsp
Ginger (grated) – 2 tsp.
Onions – ½ cup.
Salt – As per your taste.
How to Make Rava Dosa Recipe:
- With the help of butter milk blend all the ingredients – semolina, rice flour, soda bicarbonate.
Tip: If you are new to this recipe and unable to make it properly you may add little maida a get sticky batter.
- Heat the oil on a small vessel and fry cumin seeds until they crackle, add geen chillies, curry leaves and asafoetida for a second.
- Now add the above fried ingredients to the batter.
- If necessary you can add little water, blend until you obtain thin consistency.
- Keep aside for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat non-stick tawa, add little onions and grated ginger evenly
- Now pour one large spoon of batter covering whole pan.
- Sprinkle oil evenly and lift Crispy Rava Dosa Recipe in a threefold shape.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.
Note: You need to consume batter within a day. It tastes good when fresh.