Rice Flour Chekkalu
Rice Flour – 3 cups
Green Chilly – 6
Asafetida – pinch
Butter/Vanaspathi – 1½ cup
Cumin seed powder – little
Tymol seed powder – little
Ground nuts (optional)
Channa dal (optional)
Salt – required
Oil – 1 liter
Preparation of Rice Flour Chekkalu:
- Mix rice flour, green chilly (parsley grounded), cumin seed powder, Tymol seed powder, asafetida and salt.
- Add Vanaspathi to the above mixture and mix well.
- Add little hot water and mix hard.
Tip: Beat the mixture flour hard. If you want it to be like soft you can even add a pinch of soda
- Put a vessel on heat and let the oil get heated to required level
- Mean while make the flour into flat discs on a plastic cover with your hands (make sure they come out with thin layer)
- Once it is completed, put them into the preheated oil and fry them until they are golden brown.
- Rice flour chekkalu are ready, store them in an air tight container.
Tip: If you want you can add dry groundnuts or channa dal to the above mixture