Rice Flour Chekkalu
Rice Flour Chekkalu is one of the famous Andhra snack. They are crispy and golden colour. They are speckled with ground nuts and chana dal. They are hot favorites during festive season.
Green Chilly – 6
Asafetida – pinch
Butter/Vanaspathi – 1½ cup
Cumin seed powder – little
Tymol seed powder – little
Ground nuts (optional)
Channa dal (optional)
Salt – required
Oil – 1 liter
- Mix rice flour, green chilly (parsley grounded), cumin seed powder, Tymol seed powder, asafetida and salt.
- Add Vanaspathi to the above mixture and mix well.
- Add little hot water and mix hard.
Tip: Beat the mixture flour hard. If you want it to be like soft you can even add a pinch of soda
- Put a vessel on heat and let the oil get heated to required level
- Mean while make the flour into flat discs on a plastic cover with your hands (make sure they come out with thin layer)
- Once it is completed, put them into the preheated oil and fry them until they are golden brown.
- Rice flour chekkalu are ready, store them in an air tight container.
Tip: If you want you can add dry groundnuts or channa dal to the above mixture
- Rice is a good source of energy and is cholesterol free
- It is rich in vitamins and minerals; it contains good levels of vitamin D, calcium, niacin, iron and riboflavin.
- It is low in sodium and good for high blood pressure patients.
- Groundnuts and groundnut products are very beneficial in the treatment blood disorders.
- A good quality of groundnut has the property of maintaining and repairing the body tissues
- Tymol seeds helps in improving digestion.
- They are rich in fiber, vitamins, and anti-oxidants.
- Tymol seeds have anti-bacterial and antifungal properties
- Butter is a rich source of Vitamin A and is present in a simple absorb form
- It is a good source of anti-oxidants