Ridge Gourd Raita
Ridge gourd raita is one of the simple and easy to make recipe. Beerakaya raita is famous in south India. Among ridge gourd recipes, this is different variation. Make your dining table nutritious with this special turai recipe.
Ridge Gourd – 1 (small)
Churned Yogurt/ thick buttermilk – 1 1/2 cups
Green chillies – 2 pc.
Turmeric powder – A pinch
Salt – As per your taste
Coriander leaves – 1/2 cups
Mustard seeds, cumin seeds, black gram, red chilli, asafoetida, curry leaves for poppu – required (2 tsp.)
Oil – required
Garlic cloves – 2
Prepare Ridge Gourd Raita:
- Wash and peel ridge gourd. Cut into small pieces and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan by adding popu ingredients – mustard seeds, garlic cloves, red chilly pieces, black gram, cumin seeds, curry leaves and asafoetida.
- Once the above ingredients are fried, add ridge gourd pieces and cover with the lid.
- Sprinkle turmeric powder and little salt and remove from the flame. Let it cool.
- Add this ingredient with churned yogurt/ thick butter milk.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Ridge gourd raita goes well with rice as well as paratha.