Sabudana Vada, How to Make Sabudana Vada Recipe, Crispy Sago Vada
Sabudana Vada is one of the healthy snack made with sago, it is one of the traditional snack recipe made during festivals or during fasting. Sago vada simply melts in mouth having crunchy nature and is best when eaten fresh.
When it comes to munching different people like differently like few consume it with spicy chutney or some like to have with sweet curd made by simply adding a little sugar and beating curd/ yogurt.
This Crispy Sago Vada is one of the Maharashtrian snacks popularly made during Devi Navratri festivals. As Sago is said to lower body heat and keep us healthy. It is crispy outside and soft inside.
Ingredients for Sabudana Vada:
Sago (sabudana) – ½ cup
Rice flour – ¼ cup
Boiled potato mash – 1 cup
Ginger (grated) – 1 tsp.
Coriander leaves (chopped) – 2 tsp.
Lemon juice – ½ tsp.
Green chilies (chopped) – 2 no.
Oil – To deep fry
Salt – To taste
How to Make Sabudana Vada Recipe:
- Wash sago, drain excess water and keep aside.
- Let it soak for about 2 hours with a little water on it, if necessary you may sprinkle water.
Tip: Sago must be soaked completely without any strains of hardness. Once soaked well you will find this as a kind of jelly, moist and soft.
- Mix all the ingredients with sago and make the soft dough.
Tip: We need to drain excess water from sabudana else dough might become loose.
- Make small balls of equal sizes and flatten slightly
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry until you get golden brown.
Tip: Sago is very sensitive to oil, make sure that the oil is not too hot or cold. for suppose, if oil is hot then before the inner portion of the ball is cooked, outer portion gets crispy. If we try to cook further they may get burned and change color.
- Sabudana Vada Recipe tastes great with green chutney.