Sarson Ka Saag, How to Make Sarson Ka Saag Recipe, Spinach Recipes
This recipe can be made by including some more green leafy vegetables. This is a time taking the process as plucking leaves and cooking in a pressure cooker may consume time. I usually wash and pluck leaves one day before and refrigerate them.
Although Spinach recipes are the time-consuming process, if one follows what I said above, one can make antioxidants and nutritious healthy recipe to your family. Other than plucking and cleaning this recipe can be categorized into simple vegetarian recipes.
When spinach and other green vegetables are being cooked, I will cut onions and segregate other ingredients for handy use. Once boiling is done we can mash or grind and start with frying onions and another process. While serving we can top with butter and serve hot.
Ingredients for Sarson Ka Saag:
Mustard leaves (sarson) – 1 bunch
Spinach – 1 bunch
Maize flour – 1 tsp.
Green chilies – 3 no.
Ginger (grated) – ½ tsp.
Garlic (grated) – ½ tsp.
Onion – 1 no.
Garam masala – ½ tsp.
Paneer – 1 tsp.
Ghee – 2 tsp.
Lemon Juice – ½ tsp.
Oil – 1 tsp.
Salt – Required
How to Make Sarson Ka Saag Recipe:
- Chop mustard leaves and spinach, wash and drain
- Put oil in a pressure cooker, add green leaves and green chilies.
- Add grated ginger, garlic, a little salt and 1 cup water.
- Cook until it’s done. (For about 2 whistles).
- Mash well.
- On other hand heat ghee on a pan and fry onions until they turn golden brown.
- Add other ingredients including paneer and green mash.
- Cook until oil gets separated and paneer turns golden brown.
- Sarson ka saag is ready. Serve hot with Tandoori Roti or Makki Ki Roti.