Sindhi Sai bhaji
When one talks about Sindhi food, Sai Bhaji is a typical Sindhi (western Indian) food. This mixed vegetable and dal dish is a winning combination. Sindhi Sai Bhaji is a nutritious and balanced meal in itself, you can eat this with plain rice or with veg biryani or pulao
Ingredients of sindhi sai bhaji:
Carrot – 1
capsicum – 1
Onion – 1
Cabbage(small) – 1
Potato – 1
Brinjal – 1,
Tomato – 1
Ladyfinger (okra) – 1
french beans – 100 gms.
Spinach – 1/2 bunch,
Coriander – 1/2 bunch
Khatta (3 leaved) greens – 1/2 bunch
Any other leafy greens – 1/2 bunch
Green gram dal – 1 cup
Channa dal – 1/2 cup
Green chillies – 4-5
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Garlic – 2-3 clovettes
coriander seed powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 3 tbsp
Ghee – 1/2 tbsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Asafoetida – 2 pinches
- Chop spinach and vegetables except tomato.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add all the vegetables, spinach and dals.
- Mix well, add enough water to cover the contents.
- Add all masalas and mix.
- Place whole tomato on top, cover and pressurecook for 3 whistles.
- handblend the contents.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp ghee add a pinch of asafoetida and add to the mashed vegetables
- Sindhi sai bhaji is ready. Serve hot with paratha or steamed rice
Nutritional Facts of sindhi sai bhaji:
- Cabbage is low in saturated fat, cholesterol and a good source of dietary fiber and folate. It largely contains carbohydrates.
- Cabbage is low in calories and therefore it is good for weight loss.
- Carrot helps in reducing cholesterol and prevention from heart attacks
- Carrot has beta carotene and fiber content
- Carrot is a good source of antioxidant agents.
- Potato is rich in potassium
- Potato contains about 17% starch and it is one of the best natural sources of starch