Honeymoon biscuits are crunchy and enriched with goodness of honey. Learn how to make biscuits with honey, eggs and vanaspathi as main ingredients.
Vanaspathi – 250 gms.
All-purpose flour/ Maida – 500 gms.
Baking powder – 10 gms.
Honey – 50 gms.
Sugar powder – 50 gms.
Icing sugar – 200 gms.
Vanilla essence – few drops
Eggs – 2 no.
Regular sugar – required
- Mix vanaspathi and icing sugar, make cream
- Add vanilla essence, honey to eggs and beat well.
- Add this to the above cream gently stirring constantly.
- Add baking powder to maida.
- Add this to the above cream gently by stirring constantly and make smooth dough.
- Mix the above dough well with hands.
- Take moon shaped mould and press the dough into the mould.
- Sprinkle sugar above the moon shaped dough, transfer to baking tray
- Bake at 300 degree fareinheat until they turn golden brown colour.
- Honeymoon biscuits are ready, store in an air tight container once they are cooled.
Nutritional facts of honeymoon biscuits:
- Honey provides you instant energy and reduces muscle fatigue.
- Honey is said to provide constant sugar levels as glucose present in it is absorbed effectively.
- It has good levels of antioxidants and also has properties which increase your immune system.
- Eggs are a good source of high-quality protein
- It boost brain health
- Helps in preventing blood clots
- It also protects eyesight without increasing cholesterol
- It is a good source of Vitamin B, proteins and vitamin D