Vegetable Pie is one of the healthy vegetarian recipes. Vegetable Casserole is filled with mixed vegetables and topped with yummy cream. Your children will love to eat and its one of the the best recipes to keep you fit.
Butter – 100 grams
Chopped Vegetables of choice (carrot, cauliflower, potatoes, peas, spinach, beans etc)
Onions – 2
Green chillies – 2
Tomato – 1
Red chilli powder – ½ tsp.
Ginger – ½ inch piece
Cream – 1 tsp.
Corn flour – 1 tsp.
Garam masala powder – ½ tsp.
Oil – 1 tsp.
Salt – As per your taste
- Sieve maida and salt and add butter (chilled is better)
- Mix until you obtain flaky, if needed sprinkle some chilled water.
- Gently mix the lump for a second.
Tip: Don’t try to over knead, for better results put the dough into a plastic bag and refrigerate for about 15 minutes.
- Now roll the dough into thick round shape let the diameter of the dough be around 4 inches.
- Prick all over the dough and place it on a greased plate.
- Bake it a pre-heated oven till light brown ( bake for about 12 minutes).
Vegetable Pie Filling:
- On other side, chop vegetables of your desired (carrot, cauliflower, potatoes, peas, spinach, beans)
- Also include grated onions, green chillies, ginger and tomato.
- On a sauce pan, heat oil and add chillies and grated vegetables of your choice.
- Stirring occasionally cook for about 5 minutes.
- Now add remaining ingredients except cream.
- Let the curry turn thick (cook until water evaporates).
- To get little crispy and additional flavour sprinkle corn flour on the top.
- Now pour these filling ingredients into the shell and pour cream all over.
- Bake this again for about 10 minutes.
- Vegetarian Pie is ready. Slice into pieces and serve hot.
Nutritional facts of vegetable pie:
- Carrot helps in reducing cholesterol and prevention from heart attacks
- Carrot has beta carotene and fibre content
- Carrot is a good source of antioxidant agents.
- Potato is rich in potassium
- Cauliflower is an excellent source of fiber
- Cauliflower contains properties, which can improve heart health and reduce the risk of strokes
- Spinach is filled with antioxidant and anti-cancer agent.
- Spinach is an anti-aging vegetable.
- Butter is a rich source of Vitamin A and is present in a simple absorb form
- It is a good source for muscle building and immunity boosting
- Ginger is just as effective as vitamin B6 in the treatment of morning sickness.
- Tomatoes are a good source of riboflavin which has been proved to be helpful for migraine patients as it decreasing the frequency of headache
- Tomatoes are low in saturated fats, cholesterol, and sodium.