Soan Papdi is one of the famous Indian desserts. It is one of the Diwali sweet which melts in the mouth leaving its tangible flavor. As we all know sweets in India are famous world wide.
Plain flour (Maida) – 1 ¼ cup
Ghee – 250 gms
Sugar – 2 ½ cups
Water – 1 ½ cup
Milk – 2 tbsp
Cardamom seeds (crushed coarsely) – ½ tsp
Almonds, Pumpkin seeds, Cantaloupe Seeds and Water melon seeds (4 seed mix) – 2 tsp.
- First sift both flours together and heat ghee in a heavy saucepan.
- Now add flour mixture and roast still light golden color.
- Keep aside to cool.
- Simultaneously prepare syrup.
- We make syrup out of sugar, water and milk by bringing it to 2 ½ thread consistency.
- Pour at once into the flour mixture.
- Beat well with a large fork until the mixture forms threadlike flakes.
- Pour onto a greased surface and roll to 1″ thickness lightly.
- Sprinkle the 4 seed mix and crushed cardamom seeds and gently press with palm.
- After cooling, cut into 1″ squares.
- Soan papdi is ready, store in airtight container.
- Milk is the best source of calcium supply to our body.
- Milk is rich in calcium, which is an essential element for growth and proper development of strong bone structure
- Milk is an excellent source for dental health, as it protects the enamel surface against acidic substances
- Ghee is considered to stimulate the secretion of stomach acids which help in digestion
- Ghee is rich in antioxidant which acts as an aid in the absorption of vitamins and minerals from the food we eat.
- Badam helps in reducing bad cholesterol and keeps the heart healthy
- As it is high in potassium, it helps in blood circulation
- It is also rich in calcium content and keeps the bones strong