Gram flour – 1 ¼ cup
Plain flour (Maida) – 1 ¼ cup
Ghee – 250 gms
Sugar – 2 ½ cups
Water – 1 ½ cup
Milk – 2 tbsp
Cardamom seeds (crushed coarsely) – ½ tsp
Almonds, Pumpkin seeds, Cantaloupe Seeds and Water melon seeds (4 seed mix) – 2 tsp.
Preparation of Soan Papdi:
- First sift both flours together and heat ghee in a heavy saucepan.
- Now add flour mixture and roast still light golden color.
- Keep aside to cool.
- Simultaneously prepare syrup.
- We make syrup out of sugar, water and milk by bringing it to 2 ½ thread consistency.
- Pour at once into the flour mixture.
- Beat well with a large fork until the mixture forms threadlike flakes.
- Pour onto a greased surface and roll to 1″ thickness lightly.
- Sprinkle the 4 seed mix and crushed cardamom seeds and gently press with palm.
- After cooling, cut into 1″ squares.
- Soan papdi is ready, store in airtight container.