Spicy Khaja is a typical Indian snack which is prepared during festive season. People who are suffering from diabetes or who don’t like sweet will definitely like this recipe.
Red chilli powder – 2 tsp.
Plain flour – 1/2 cup
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp.
Omam seeds (ajwain) – 1/2 tsp.
Coriander (very finely chopped) – 1 tbsp.
Salt to taste
Oil to deep fry
- Clean and filter both the flours and mix together.
- Mix both flours, red chilli powder, cumin seeds, omam seeds and coriander.
- Make a well at the centre and water.
- Pat the dough for about 5 to 10 minutes until it becomes pliable (elastic type)
- Divide the dough into small pieces which may be around 4 inch diameter.
- Make those pieces into thin rounds.
- Using a fork, prick on both sides.
- After pricking put them on a clean cloth to dry for about 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil for deep fry.
- Fry until its golden/ light brown appears.
- Drain all the excess oil and store once Spicy Khaja is cooled down.