Spicy Sev Recipe, How to Make Spicy Sev Recipe, Besan Sev Recipe
Spicy Sev or Besan Sev Recipe serves great during traveling or for the children during holidays. It is simple and takes less number of ingredients and time. Few people use spicy sev for garnishing bhel puri and many other as a snack. You can even make it taste non-spicy according to your taste. Depending on your taste buds you can make sev in many variants.
Usually, Besan Sev Recipe press has many holes and shapes some of them have a star and some may have circular. If you add rice flour then you can make murukku recipe but that taste different taste. Also, some say adding baking soda will give you crispy output but it might absorb oil.
If you feel like making spicy then you can add little spices like garam masala, caron seed powder etc. but make sure they are all in powder form as it has very small holes these spices in any other form may get stuck. If you like to have yellowish color then you can add turmeric powder.
Ingredients of Spicy Sev:
Gram flour (besan) – 2 cups
Carom seeds – ½ tsp.
Red chilli powder – 1 ½ tsp.
Oil – 1 tbsp.
Salt to taste
2-3 pinches asafoetida
Water to make dough
Oil to deep fry
How to Make Spicy Sev Recipe:
- Mix Red chilli powder, carom seeds, salt and a little oil to gram flour.
Tip: You can add little mint (dry) to add flavor.
- Make the dough quite gooey by adding enough water.
Note: Make sure that the dough is not pliable but has stickiness.
- Take sev press and thin holed plate at the bottom of the press.
- Grease the sev-press before adding the dough
- Directly press dough into hot oil, fry on both sides until it attains light golden color.
Note: Spicy Sev Recipe doesn’t take much time to get fried. So take care while frying.
- As it’s very thin, it absorbs oil, so drain all the oil and cool before storing.