Spicy Sev Recipe, Besan Sev Recipe, How to Make Spicy Sev Recipe
Spicy Sev Recipe serves great during traveling or for the children during holidays. It is simple and takes less number of ingredients and time. Few people use besan sev recipe for garnishing bhel puri and many other as a snack. You can even make it taste non-spicy according to your taste. Depending on your taste buds you can make sev in many variants.
Chakli press mold has different sizes of holes based on your requirement you can choose them. As we are using carom seeds, fine holes mold doesn’t suit our recipe. If you need fine quality then avoid carom seeds, also while frying them we need to take care that they are not fried and change their color.
If one is using only besan flour to make thin sev recipe, then I recommend putting a small set of flour and adjust heat accordingly. Optimum heat will give you the crispy and colorful recipe. Many suggest adding baking soda to get soft and crispy flavor and it’s up to you.
Ingredients for Spicy Sev Recipe:
Gram flour (besan) – 2 cups
Carom seeds – ½ tsp.
Red chilli powder – 1 ½ tsp.
Oil – 1 tbsp.
Salt to taste
2-3 pinches asafoetida
Water to make dough
Oil to deep fry
How to Make Spicy Sev Recipe:
- Mix Red chilli powder, carom seeds, salt and little oil to gram flour.
Tip: You can add little mint (dry) to add flavor.
- Make the dough quite gooey by adding enough water.
Note: Make sure that the dough is not pliable but has stickiness.
- Take sev press and thin holed plate at the bottom of the press.
- Grease the sev-press before adding the dough
- Directly press the sev into hot oil, fry on both sides until it attains light golden color
Note: Spicy Sev Recipe doesn’t take much time to get fried. So take care while frying
- As it’s very thin, it absorbs oil, so drain all the oil and cool before storing.