Spicy Sev Recipe serves great during traveling or for the children during holidays. It is simple and takes less number of ingredients and time. Few people use besan sev recipe for garnishing bhel puri and many other as a snack. You can even make it taste non-spicy according to your taste. Depending on your taste buds you can make sev in many variants.
Chakli press mold has different sizes of holes based on your requirement you can choose them. As we are using carom seeds, fine holes mold doesn’t suit our recipe. If you need fine quality then avoid carom seeds, also while frying them we need to take care that they are not fried and change their color.
If one is using only besan flour to make thin sev recipe, then I recommend putting a small set of flour and adjust heat accordingly. Optimum heat will give you the crispy and colorful recipe. Many suggest adding baking soda to get the soft and crispy flavor and it’s up to you.
Ingredients for Spicy Sev Recipe:
Gram flour (besan) – 2 cups
Red chili powder – 1 tbsp.
Black pepper powder – 1/2 tbsp.
Asafoetida – A pinch
Salt – 1 tbsp. ( As per your taste)
Turmeric powder – 3/4 tbsp.
Water to make dough
Mint powder – a pinch (optional)
Oil to deep fry
How to Make Spicy Sev Recipe:
- Sieve gram flour and remove any dust particles present in it.
- Add 2 cups of sieved gram flour in a wide vessel.
- Mix Red chili powder, black pepper powder, asafoetida and salt to gram flour.
Tip: You can add little mint (dry) to add flavor.
- Add turmeric powder, I have added only half tbsp. if you like to have more yellowish color then you can add 1 tbsp.
- Add 1 tbsp. oil to get the soft and crunchy flavor.
- Make the dough quite gooey by adding enough water.
Note: Make sure that the dough is not pliable but has stickiness.
- Take sev press with a thin holed plate and put a small lump of dough into it.
Tip: Grease the sev-press before adding the dough
- Directly press the sev into hot oil, fry on both sides until it attains light golden color.
Note: Spicy Sev Recipe doesn’t take much time to get fried. So take care while frying
- As it’s very thin, it may absorb oil, so drain all the oil and cool before storing.
Tip: It should be stored in an airtight container (once it is cooled). You may sprinkle chat masala if you like to eat spicier.
How to make Spicy Sev Recipe or Besan Sev Recipe Video: