Spinach soup recipe is one of the light and healthy vegetable soups for the people who love green vegetables. Palak soup recipe is a perfect healthy recipe for pregnant ladies. It supplements required iron content for the body.
Cucumber (chopped) – 1 cup
Butter – 1 tsp.
Ginger paste – 1/2 tsp.
Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp.
Water 3 ½ – cups
Lemon juice – 2 tsp.
Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp.
Salt to taste
- Peel the cucumber, on other hand clean spinach.
- Put both of them into a saucepan along with water.
- Cook under medium heat until tender or pressure cook until one whistle
- Let it cool, blend them both to a smooth paste in an electric blender.
- On other hand heat butter in a pan, add cumin powder, ginger paste, black pepper powder and salt.
- Add the paste of cucumber-spinach and little lemon juice.
- Cook further for around 5-6 minutes on medium heat.
- Spinach soup is ready. Serve hot.
- Spinach contains a substance that helps to prevent thickening and hardening of arteries.
- It help stabilize blood sugar among diabetics.
- It is filled with antioxidant and anti-cancer agent.
- It is an anti-aging vegetable.
- It has rich sources of iron, vitamin C and A
- The cooling, diuretic and cleansing property of cucumber is good for skin.
- Cucumber contains Erepsin, the enzyme that helps in protein digestion.
- Butter is a good source of anti-oxidants
- Butter is a good source of Vitamin D, E, K, selenium
- Ginger has long been used as a natural heartburn remedy
- Lemon is abundantly filled with vitamin C, it treats infections like tonsillitis, asthma and sore throat.
- Regular consumption of lemon juice is good for liver and helps in digestion.