Sweet Corn Soup
Sweet corn soup can be prepared during all seasons because it can be prepared from both fresh kernels as well as canned. It is loaded with many nutritional values and is best for all ages. It is one of the yummy vegetable soups which are served as a starter before meals. It is easy to prepare restaurant flavored vegetarian soup at home.
Large corn cobs – 7
Chilli sauce – 1 ½ tsp.
Corn flour – 2 tbsp.
Soya sauce – 1 ½ tsp.
Vinegar – 1 tsp.
Sugar – 1tbsp.
Water – 6 cups
Coriander leaves – 2 tsp.
Salt – As per your taste
Preparation of Sweet Corn Soup:
- Peel the layer above the corn and put them in a pressure cooker for about 2 vessels (until tender)
- Put about ¼ cup corn kernels aside for later purpose
- Grind the rest of the kernels and cook it on medium heat with water added
- Mix corn flour in little water separately and cook on low flame.
- Stir continuously until the soup turn thick so that the bottom doesn’t gets stick
- Add sugar, soya sauce, vinegar, chilli sauce and salt.
- Add the corn kernels which have been put aside for later use.
- It tastes good to eat kernels along with the hot soup.
- Sweet corn soup is ready. Server hot dressed with coriander leaves.