Sweet Corn Soup
Sweet corn soup can be prepared during all seasons because it can be prepared from both fresh kernels as well as canned. It is loaded with many nutritional values and is best for all ages. It is one of the yummy vegetable soups which are served as a starter before meals. It is easy to prepare restaurant flavored vegetarian soup at home.
Chilli sauce – 1 ½ tsp.
Corn flour – 2 tbsp.
Soya sauce – 1 ½ tsp.
Vinegar – 1 tsp.
Sugar – 1tbsp.
Water – 6 cups
Coriander leaves – 2 tsp.
Salt – As per your taste
- Peel the layer above the corn and put them in a pressure cooker for about 2 vessels (until tender)
- Put about ¼ cup corn kernels aside for later purpose
- Grind the rest of the kernels and cook it on medium heat with water added
- Mix corn flour in little water separately and cook on low flame.
- Stir continuously until the soup turn thick so that the bottom doesn’t gets stick
- Add sugar, soya sauce, vinegar, chilli sauce and salt.
- Add the corn kernels which have been put aside for later use.
- It tastes good to eat kernels along with the hot soup.
- Sweet corn soup is ready. Server hot dressed with coriander leaves.
- Corn is a straight resource of vitamin B1, B5, folic acid, vitamin C, E, phosphorus and magnesium
- It helps to reduce kidney problems and few types of renal dysfunction
- It is said to have thiamin, it helps in the metabolism of carbohydrates.
- It has positive effect on anemia
- It helps in reducing cholesterol
- Vinegar helps in absorption of calcium from the food we take
- Studies say it helps in treating type -2 diabetes
- If Apple cider vinegar is used then it helps in reducing blood pressure.
- Coriander leaves are good source of iron, magnesium and dietary fiber.
- Helps in treating urinary infections.
- Aids in digestion and relieves from intestinal gas.