Szechuan Chicken Recipe | How to Make Szechuan Chicken Recipe
Szechuan Chicken Recipe is an Indo-Chinese dish mixed with carrots and onions, it is tossed with a delicious sauce which leaves you with an amazing experience. It is one of the easy chicken breast recipes which can be prepared with regular kitchen ingredients. A chicken recipe with carrots makes your meal filled with nutrition.
Ingredients for Szechuan Chicken:
Chicken (skinless and boneless) – 500 gms.
Salt – According to your taste
Sherry/ wine – 1 tsp.
Egg white – 1 no.
Corn flour – 1 tsp.
Pea nut oil – 2 cups
Carrot – 2 medium size (grated)
Onion – 1 no.
Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp.
Chilli paste – 1 tsp.
Ingredients for Szechuan Chicken Sauce:
Crushed red pepper – 1 tsp.
Brown ginger powder – ¼ tsp.
Sugar – 1 tsp.
Soya sauce – 3 tsps.
Chicken broth – ½ cup.
Vinegar – 1 tbsp.
Tomato sauce – 1/3 cup
How to Make Szechuan Chicken Recipe:
- Remove the skin and wash in water. Cut into small pieces about 1 ½ inch size and put in a bowl.
- Add ¼ tsp. salt, of sherry/ wine, egg white, ginger garlic paste, chili paste and mix well.
- Add Corn flour and mix until it applied evenly, add oil and mix again.
- Cover this mixture with a thin polyethylene cover or with a lid and leave it for about 30 minutes at room temperature (marinate)
- In a separate bowl add chicken broth, pepper powder, soya sauce, sugar, brown ginger powder and mix well.
- Take a small bowl and add corn flour, little cold water and make it diluted so that It can be used as a thickening agent
- It’s time to cook marinate, add 2 cups of oil in a frying pan and fry them.
Tip: Make sure oil is not too hot if it’s too hot chicken turns hard. Also, make sure it just turns its color (white) and don’t wait until bubbles surround around the ingredients.
- Remove the pieces from the oil and put them aside on a separate plate.
- Remove excess oil and leave little oil for frying onion slices and carrot.
- Fry onions until they turn its color, return back the fried pieces and cook further for a minute
- Add sauce ingredients, vinegar, and tomato sauce.
- Cook further until it reaches boil state.
- When the liquid is boiling, add corn flour mixture and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Szechwan Chicken Recipe is ready to serve, garnish with spring onions and serve hot.
Tip: For additional flavour, you can add sesame seeds while cooking.