Szechuan Chicken is a Chinese dish mixed with carrots and onions, tossed with a delicious sauce leaves you with an amazing experience. It is one of the easy chicken breast recipes which can be prepared with regular kitchen ingredients. A chicken recipe with carrots makes your meal filled with nutrition.
Ingredients for Szechuan Chicken:
Chicken (skinless and boneless) – 500 gms.
Salt – According to your taste
Sherry/ wine – 1 tsp.
Egg white – 1 no.
Corn flour – 1 tsp.
Pea nut oil – 2 cups
Carrot – 2 medium size (grated)
Onion – 1 no.
Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp.
Chilli paste – 1 tsp.
Crushed red pepper – 1 tsp.
Brown ginger powder – ¼ tsp.
Sugar – 1 tsp.
Soya sauce – 3 tsps.
Chicken broth – ½ cup.
Vinegar – 1 tbsp.
Tomato sauce – 1/3 cup
Prepare Szechuan Chicken:
- Remove the skin and wash in water. Cut into small pieces about 1 ½ inch size and put in a bowl.
- Add ¼ tsp. salt, of sherry/ wine, egg white, ginger garlic paste, chilli paste and mix well.
- Add Corn flour and mix until it applied evenly, add oil and mix again.
- Cover this mixture with a thin polythene cover or with a lid and leave it for about 30 minutes at room temperature (marinate)
- In a separate bowl add chicken broth, pepper powder, soya sauce, sugar, brown ginger powder and mix well.
- In a small bowl add corn flour and little cold water and make it diluted so that It can be used as a thickening agent
- In a frying pan, add 2 cups of oil for cooking marinate.
Tip: Make sure oil is not too hot, if it’s too hot chicken turns hard. Also make sure it just turns its colour (white) and don’t wait until bubbles surround around the ingredients.
- Remove the pieces from the oil and put them aside on a separate plate.
- Remove excess oil and leave little oil for frying onion slices and carrot.
- Fry onions until they turn its colour, return back the fried pieces and cook further for a minute
- Add sauce ingredients, vinegar, and tomato sauce.
- Cook further until it reaches boil state.
- When the liquid is boiling, add corn flour mix and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Szechwan Chicken is ready to serve, garnish with spring onions and serve hot.
Tip: For additional flavour you can add sesame seeds while cooking.http://www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/szechuan-chicken/https://i0.wp.com/www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Szechuan-Chicken.jpg?fit=1024%2C698https://i0.wp.com/www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Szechuan-Chicken.jpg?resize=150%2C150Chicken RecipesNon-Vegchicken dishes for dinner,chicken Szechuan,Chinese recipes,Szechuan Chicken,Szechwan chickenSzechuan Chicken is a Chinese dish mixed with carrots and onions, tossed with a delicious sauce leaves you with an amazing experience. It is one of the easy chicken breast recipes which can be prepared with regular kitchen ingredients. A chicken recipe with carrots makes your meal filled with...Rambabu UppadaRambabu Uppadaindianrecipeinfo@gmail.comAdministratorI am Rambabu Uppada, founder of Indian Recipe Info. I am fond of food, I thought of sharing my cooking experience with you all. I designed each recipe in such a way that you can simply follow my steps and prepare restaurant rich recipes at your home.Indian Recipe Info