Ginger is one of the ingredients which are used in many recipes. Because of its amazing healing and other medical properties, I recommend using ginger chutney to your breakfast as part of your healthy diet.
Black gram dal (split) – 1 tsp.
Bengal gram – 1 ½ tsp.
Green chilli – 1
Red chilli (dry for extra spice) – 2
Tamarind – small lemon sized
Jiggery – 3 tsp.
Garlic cloves – 2 (optional)
Oil – 3 tsp.
Water – ¼ cup
Salt to taste.
Fresh curry leaves – 6
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp.
Ghee/Oil – 1 tsp.
Method for the preparation of ginger chutney:
- Heat 1 tsp. of oil in a frying pan.
- Add Bengal gram and split gram and fry them until red.
- You will notice nice aroma out of fry, then add green chillies, garlic and red chillies.
- Saute for a minute and keep the mixture into another vessel and put aside.
- In the same pan, add remaining oil and fry ginger for a while until it turns red.
- Grind dal mixture, ginger, jiggery, tamarind and salt to a smooth paste with the help of ¼ cup water
- On the other hand, heat ghee on a pan and add fresh curry leaves and mustard seeds for tempering purpose.
- Add the mixture above the paste.
- Serve Ginger chutney with idli, vada or dosa.
- Ginger may be powerful weapon in the treatment of ovarian cancer
- It may slow the growth of colorectal cancer cells.
- It is just as effective as vitamin B6 in the treatment of morning sickness.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties and is a powerful natural painkiller.
- It has long been used as a natural heartburn remedy
- It has long been used as a natural treatment for colds and the flu
- It may provide migraine relief
- Tamarind drink can lower body temperature.
- Tamarind contains many minerals, vitamins and dietary fiber.
- Garlic has been touted to treat the cold
- Raw, crushed garlic is a powerful antibiotic