Mutton Brain Curry
Mutton brain curry is one of the famous Indian side dish. Because of its flavour and juiciness, it makes you have one more plate. It has a unique flavour blended with little spices and curd. It goes well with rice or chapati.
Mango powder – 1 tsp.
Curd – ¼ cup
Garam masala powder – 1 tsp.
Onions(chopped) – 2 nos.
Garlic – 6 flakes
Coriander seeds – 2 tsps.
Coriander leaves – half bunch
Ghee – 3 tsps.
Red chilli powder – As per your taste (optional)
Salt – As per your taste
- Grind Mango powder, garam masala, onions, salt, garlic and coriander seeds to fine paste
- Heat the ghee on fry pan, fry the paste till its golden brown
- Add the mutton brain to the paste and fry for some more time.
Note: Don’t wash the brain
- Add yogurt(curd) to the mix and cook on low flame for 10 more minutes
- Add little ghee at the end.
- If you like to have spicy, add little red chilli powder
- Garnish with coriander leaves
- Mutton brain curry is ready. Serve hot.
- Lamb brain has good levels of protein.
- It has good amount of vitamin B12 which is good for memory retention
- You will be getting almost 17% of vitamin C and 12% of riboflavin which is also called as vitamin B2.
- One serving contains around 29% of phosphorus and it meets your daily requirement.
- It also has good amount of copper and zinc.
- Curd helps in improving digestive system
- It helps in strengthening the immune system
- Raw, crushed garlic is a powerful antibiotic
- Ghee is also said to improve memory retention power