Carrot rice is one of the healthy foods we can easily prepare at home. Children like to have it because of its color and flavor.
Basmati Rice (cooked) – 2 cups
Onions (Thinly sliced) – 1 medium size
Green chilli (Thinly sliced) – 2
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp.
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp.
Curry leaves – 8
Chopped Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
Bay leaf – 2
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp.
Garam Masala Powder – ½ tsp
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp.
Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp.
Salt to taste
- Take a kadai (vessel) which is deep for frying purpose.
- Add little oil and add mustard seeds.
- When you observe crackling sound, add bay leaf and cumin seeds.
- Add onion slices and green chilli.
- Fry the above ingredients until onions reach light golden brown color.
- On other hand cook rice. You can even use already cooked one.
- Add grated carrot and curry leaves; let them fry (sauté) until they are tender.
- Add turmeric powder, salt, chilli powder and garam masala powder for flavor.
- Add rice and mix well. If it is fresh cooked then you can just mix and remove or else cover the pan and let it cook for more 2-3 minutes.
- Tasty carrot rice is ready to serve.
- Although it is readily colorful, if you need to decorate then you can garnish with coriander leaves.
- Carrot helps in reducing cholesterol and prevention from heart attacks
- It has beta carotene and fibre content
- It is a good source of antioxidant agents.
- They are rich in vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, and potassium.
- Onions are best antioxidants.
- Cumin seeds are good for diabetics
- Cumin seeds help in relieving symptoms of the common cold
- Turmeric powder is a natural antibacterial and antiseptic.
- It works as a natural detoxifier agent for liver
- Coriander leaves are good source of iron, magnesium and dietary fibre.